Dr. Susan Varghese is an Assistant Professor in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Heritage. Her doctoral degree is in Organisational Behaviour from the University of Calicut. She has more than 11 years of Academic experience.
As an educator, she had served as a resource person during expert interaction by Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala and also in various other boards of schools and colleges. She has been the Chair for panel discussions in national conferences. She actively participates in the preparation of question banks, and syllabus revision and sets question papers for various universities.
Being passionate about teaching and research, she has efficiently guided UG and PG students. She is keen to pursue a challenging career by utilising her education and skills to serve society and also in the teaching field that offers professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and flexible. She is a Consultant Psychologist as well as Art Therapy Practitioner.
PhD in Psychology, Calicut University, Kerala
MPhil in Rehabilitation Psychology, MG University, Kerala
MA Psychology, Union Christian College, Kerala
BA Psychology, Union Christian College, Kerala
Diploma in Art Therapy, ASHA THE HOPE-ICPEM registered under NITI AAYOG, Government of India and approved by WFMH and CTAA, USA
MOOC Courses–COURSERA and REST Society for Research International (RSRI)
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, MES College, Marampally, Affiliated To Mahatma Gandhi University
Research Assistant, Dr. Promodu’s Institute of Sexual Medicine and Urology, Kochi
Guest Lecturer, Department of Psychology, UC College, Aluva, Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University
Psychologist, Bethseda Hospital, Ernakulam
- Research: Organisational Psychology, Positive Psychology, Youth Psychology, Social and Media Psychology
Teaching: Social Psychology, Organisational Behaviour, Rehabilitation Psychology, Positive Psychology, Developmental Psychology
Certifications and Membership
- Member of National Positive Psychology Association
- Member of Psychology Circle
Awards and Achievements
Best paper award:
- National Seminar (2010), Emotional Labour: A Process of Self Deception on the Well Being of Service Workers”.
- National Conference (2011), “The Impact of Personality on the Quality of Work Life among Low Enforcement Officers”.
- National Conference (2020), “Dark triad personality and media dependency among children of single parent and both parents”.
Best teacher Award:
Best teacher award from MES College, Marampally, Aluva, Ernakulam in appreciation of stimulating inventiveness and outstanding contribution to the academic and co-curricular environment
- External examiner and guide- IGNOU.
- Former Joint Coordinator- College Discipline Committee, Fine Arts and Literacy Club, Research Cell, Counseling Cell, Internal Compliance Cell, Anti-ragging cell, Anti-drug cell, Grievance cell, Internal examination committee (MES College, Marampally).