Dr. Renju Chandran is an Assistant Professor in the School of Contemporary Knowledge Systems. She holds a doctoral degree in Commerce from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. Her doctoral research focused on the health insurance business in the public and private sectors. She has presented papers at national as well as international conferences and published research papers in peer reviewed journals.
She started her teaching career at St. Albert’s College (Autonomous), Ernakulam. She was working as the Head of the Department of School of Management Studies, Union Christian College, Aluva, before joining Chinmaya Vishwa Vidyapeeth. Her expertise lies in insurance, finance, human resource management.
- PhD in Commerce, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- MCom in Finance, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- MBA in Human Resource Management, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- MA in Economics, Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, India
- UGC NET in Commerce
- JRF, UGC NET in Management
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Assistant Professor – St. Albert’s College, (Autonomous), Ernakulam (2013 – August 2018)
- Assistant Professor – School of Management Studies, Union Christian College, Aluva (2013 – February 2022)
- Research: Finance | Human Resource Management | Marketing| Insurance
- Teaching: Human Resource Management | Finance | Managing People in Organisation
Consultancy and Training
- Resource Person at the National Webinar entitled “Recent Developments in Corporate Law: An Indian Perspective” organised by Amrita AHEAD Online, Amrita School of Arts and Science, Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetam, Amritapuri, Kollam, Kerala on 23 January 2022.
- Resource Person at the National Webinar entitled “Ethical Issues in Banking and Insurance” organised by the Department of Vocational Studies, Carmel College, Mala, Trissur, Kerala on 20 November 2021.
Chaired a paper presentation on the topic “Revolutionary Changes in the Financial Sector” in the National Seminar conducted by Department of Vocational Studies, Carmel College, Mala, Thrissur, Kerala on 31 January 2020.