|Areas of Expertise||:||Second language teaching, English language Pedagogy, Educational technology, and Research methodology in Education|
|Research Interests||:||Second Language Teaching, Second Language Acquisition and Learning, English Language Learning, Educational Technology & Technology in ELT|
|Academic Experience||:||2 years|
|Research Experience||:||9 months|
|Location / Campus||:||Veliyanad (Ernakulam)|
Dr. Nikhitha Raju (Assistant Professor – English School of Ethics, Governance, Culture and Social Systems, Chinmaya Vishwa Vidyapeeth), has a PhD from the Central University of Kerala for her thesis on ‘Krashen’s Monitor Theory Based Package for Enhancing English Language Proficiency of Secondary School Students’. She received a Postdoctoral Fellowship from the University of Kerala for her thesis on ‘Developing an Instructional Strategy Using Social Media for Augmenting Communication Skills in English and Digital Competence Among the Prospective Teachers in the Digital Era’.
Her areas of specialisation are second language teaching, second language acquisition and learning, English language learning, educational technology, and research methodology in Education. She has worked as an Assistant Professor in Education at Mahajubilee Training College, Mulloorkara, affiliated to the University of Calicut and Assistant Professor in English Education at the Institute of Advanced Study in Education (IASE), Thrissur. She has teaching experience in both BEd and MEd programmes and has guided MEd dissertations.
She has published over ten articles in refereed journals (UGC listed Journals and Scopus indexed). She has presented papers at national and internal conferences. She has also chaired sessions and has been invited as a resource person in the conferences.
• Post-Doctoral Fellowship – University of Kerala (Jan 2023)
• Ph.D. (Education) – Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod (2020)
• M.A (English) – Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (2017)
• UGC NET (EDUCATION) – University Grants Commission (December 2015)
• M.Ed – Govt. I.A.S.E, Thrissur (2014)
• B.Ed (English) – B.S.S B.Ed Training College, Alathur, Palakkad (2011)
• B.A (Functional English) – S.N College, Alathur, Palakkad (2010)
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching/Industry)
• Assistant Professor at Govt. IASE, Thrissur (June 2022-March 2023)
• Post-Doctoral Fellow at Dept of Education, University of Kerala (Oct 2021-May 2022)
• Assistant Professor at Mahajubilee Training College, Mulloorkara (October 2020 – Oct 2021)