|Core Discipline||:||Sahitya Shastra (Sanskrit)|
|Areas of Expertise||:||Sahitya Shastra, Sanskrit Literature, Manuscriptology|
|Research Interests||:||Sanskrit Poetics | Contemporary Sanskrit Literature | Sanskrit Language Pedagogy | Manuscriptology|
|Academic Experience||:||12 years|
|Location / Campus||:||Veliyanad (Ernakulam)|
Dr. M. Sudarshan Chiplunkar holds a doctorate from Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati, for his research on the Critical Edition and Study of Nidarśana Commentary on Kāvyaprakāśa, which is a commentary by Kashmiri Scholar Rājānaka Ānanda. He also holds an M.Phil. degree in the field of Manuscriptology from the Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati. He has published several research papers and Books.
Teaching Sanskrit poetics and literature has been his forte. Dr. Chiplunkar holds an Acharya degree in Sahitya from the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi. He has prepared study materials for the various Institutions. He was a co-investigator for the ‘Science in Sanskrit’ project of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, K. J. Somaiya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Mumbai.
Sudarshan is a recognised authority in ancient scripts Grantha, Nandināgari and Śārada. He has participated as a resource person in several teacher-training programmes, workshops and Vākyārtha Sabhās. He also holds an interest in various art forms like Yakśagāna and Indian theatre. One of the plays he has acted in has been telecast on Doordarshan Chandana. A dance-drama ballet in which he has acted has been published as a CD by Sri Sharada Peetham, Sringeri.
• Ph.D. – Rastriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati (2011)
• M.Phil. Sanskrit (Manuscriptology and Palaeography) – Rastriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati (2008)
• Acharya (M.A) – Rastriya Sanskrit Sansthan (DU), New Delhi (2007)
• Shiksha Shastri (B.Ed) – Rastriya Sanskrit Sansthan (DU), New Delhi (2005)
• Shastri (B.A) – Rastriya Sanskrit Sansthan (DU), New Delhi (2004)
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching/Industry)
• Assistant Professor at Chinmaya Vishwa Vidyapeeth, Kerala (November 2018 – to date)
• Assistant Professor at Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, K J Somaiya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Mumbai (July 2015 – October 2018)
• Assistant Professor at Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Sri Sadashiva Campus Puri (August 2012 – June 2015)
• Assistant Professor at Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Rajiv Gandhi Campus, Sringeri (June 2011 – July 2012)
• Assistant Professor at Sri Durga Centre for Post Graduate Studies and Research (August 2008 – May 2009)