Dr. M. Sudarshan Chiplunkar holds a doctorate from Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati, for his research on the Critical Edition and Study of Nidarśana Commentary on Kāvyaprakāśa, which is a commentary by Kashmiri Scholar Rājānaka Ānanda. He also holds an M.Phil. degree in the field of Manuscriptology from the Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati. He has published several research papers and two Books titled ‘Mahākṣatriya’ and ‘Mahāparivrājaka’.
Teaching Sanskrit poetics and literature has been his forte. Dr. Chiplunkar holds an Acharya degree in Sahitya from the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi. He has prepared study materials for Mukta Svādhyāya Pītham and for a correspondence course of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi. He was a co-investigator for the ‘Science in Sanskrit’ project of the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, K. J. Somaiya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Mumbai.
Sudarshan is a recognised authority in ancient scripts Grantha, Nandināgari and Śārada. He has participated as a resource person in several teacher-training programmes, workshops and Vākyārtha Sabhās. He also holds an interest in various art forms like Yakśagāna and Indian theatre. One of the plays he has acted in has been telecast on Doordarshan Chandana. A dance-drama ballet in which he has acted has been published as a CD by Sri Sharada Peetham, Sringeri.
- Ph.D. (Sahitya), Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati
- M.Phil. (Manuscriptology and Palaeography), Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati
- Acharya (Sahitya), Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi
- B.Ed., Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi
- Research: Sanskrit Poetics | Contemporary Sanskrit Literature | Sanskrit Language Pedagogy | Manuscriptology