Dr. L. Sampath Kumar is a Sanskrit faculty, Assistant Professor and Head of the School of Linguistics and Literary Studies. He has a Doctorate for his research in ‘Abhidhānaratnamālā – A Study’ from Pondicherry University. He has authored and edited eight books and presented research papers at international and national seminars.
Dr. L. Sampath Kumar is proficient in Sanskrit, English, Tamil and Hindi. He is a gifted poet and has composed poetry in all these languages. He has also penned Sanskrit lyrics for two dance-dramas. In 2017, the ‘Acharya Ratna’ award was conferred on him by Sri Siva Swamy Kalalaya Education Society, Chennai, for his service to education.
Apart from his achievements in the field of Teaching and Research, he is also interested in reading novels in thriller genres, games like Cricket and Tennis and movies. He is a hardcore fan of Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni. He also plays cricket and chess. He also likes to watch movies in Tamil and English and his favourite actors are Sivaji Ganesan and Kamal Hassan (in Tamil); Bruce Willis and Pierce Brosnan (in English).
- Ph.D. (Lexicography), Pondicherry University, Puducherry
- M.Phil. (Critical Edition), University of Madras, Chennai
- M.A. Sanskrit with Gold Medal, University of Madras, Chennai
- B.A. Sanskrit with Gold Medal, University of Madras, Chennai
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
21 years of teaching experience.
- Research: Relevance of Sanskrit literature to modern times | Bhakti literature | Comparative study of literature
- Teaching: Sahitya | Alankara shastra | Grammar and Linguistics