Dr. Bindu has a Ph.D. in Education from Kannur University. Her doctoral work focused on Contextual Teaching and Learning and Life Skills Education. ‘Digital India: Empowering Tribal Adolescents’ under ICSSR, was the theme for her Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
Dr. Bindu’s area of research and academic interest includes psychological and sociological perspectives of education and studies on marginalised groups. She has published two books on Science Education. She has completed a major research project for the Kerala Women’s Commission, a Government of Kerala initiative and a minor project for the Vigilance Department of Kerala Police. She has taught at the School of Pedagogical Sciences (M.Ed.), at Kannur University and guided fourteen M.Ed. dissertations. She regularly undertakes demonstration classes for B.Ed. students at various training colleges under Kannur University.
Dr. Bindu has been a resource person for secondary school teachers and at various teacher training colleges and for orientation and motivation classes for students, PTA, MPTA and various sections of the society. She has chaired sessions at various national and international seminars organised by colleges.
- M.Sc. (Zoology), Calicut University, Calicut
- B.Ed. (Natural Science), Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
- M.Ed., Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- M.A. (Sociology), IGNOU
- Ph.D. in Education, Kannur University-Kannur
- UGC-JRF (University Grant Commission)
- PDF-ICSSR (Indian Council of Social Science Research)
- SET (Zoology), Directorate of Higher Secondary Education
- CTET, Central Board of Secondary Education.
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Assistant Professor in Science Education at the School of Pedagogical Sciences (M.Ed.) Kannur University (2015 to 2018)
- Lecturer in Natural Sciences at Government Brennen College of Teacher Education (B.Ed.), Thalassery (June 2009 to March 2010)
- Doctoral work on ‘Contextual Teaching and Learning and Life Skills Education’
- Post-Doctoral work on ‘Digital India: Empowering Tribal Adolescents’
- Major research project for Kerala Women Commission on ‘Problems of Ex-convicted Women with special reference to psycho social adjustment’.
- Minor research project for the Vigilance wing of Kerala Police—’Role of Social Media on Anti-Corruption Activities’.
- Guided M.Ed. dissertations at the School of Pedagogical Sciences, Kannur University