Open Learning for All on Indian Knowledge Systems (OLA-IKS) are fortnightly talks curated by Dean Prof. Gauri Mahulikar and organised by Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth. The talks are a systematic exposition of Indian Knowledge Systems addressed primarily to youth who seek interesting facts, knowledge and wisdom from the shastras.
Know more about
- Vedic literature (Rigveda and Atharvaveda), mythology, cosmology, etymology, some Vedic Hymns (suktas), various interpretations etc.
- Indian philosophical systems with special emphasis on the Kevaladvaita of Sankaracarya and the Vishishtadvaita of Ramanujacarya
- Classic Sanskrit literature, from Bhasa (3rd BCE) till Jayadeva (16th CE). Dramas, Mahakavyas, Khandakavyas and prose literature including didactic story literature like Panchatantra
- Manuscriptological studies in a workshop model (Dr. Mahulikar conducted a workshop at UC Berkeley in October 2019 with scanned copies of manuscripts, copper-plate inscriptions, and rock inscriptions)
- Subhashitas and the stotra literature
- Sciences through Sanskrit literature