CVV’s School of Kalayoga, where Gurukula tradition merges with university curriculum, is committed to nurture art and artists and to be a medium of conversation and knowledge sharing on Indian Art.
In line with this vision, the School of Kalayoga has launched ‘Kala Samvada—Conversations on Art’, a fortnightly series that will provide an opportunity to interact with maestros from various segments of Indian art through live online sessions of lec-dems, interviews, talks and performances.
Past sessions of Kala Samvada
- 28 August 2020: A lec-dem on ‘Percussion Skills for Music and Dance’ by mridangam maestro Dr. Patri Satish Kumar
- 11 September 2020: Santoor maestro Padma Vibhushan Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma in conversation with renowned musician, actor, director and multifaceted personality Padma Shri Shekhar Sen
- 23 October 2020: a lec-dem on the Veena, its evolution and styles by musician, teacher, research scholar Dr. R. S. Jayalakshmi
- 6 November 2020: Hindustani Vocalist Vidushi Manjusha Patil in conversation with Indian classical music impressario Shri Shashi Vyas
- 20 November 2020: Padma Shri Taalyogi Pt. Suresh Talwalkar in conversation with Shri Keshav Paranjpe
- 4 December 2020: Dr. Neena Prasad and Shri Changanassery Madhavan Nampoothiri, speaking on ‘Aesthetics of Carnatic Music in Mohiniyattam’
- 18 December 2020: Renowned Hindustani classical singer of the Patiala Gharana Padma Shri Begum Parveen Sultana in conversation with Shri Shashi Vyas
- 15 January 2021: Interesting conversation with Dr. Jayanthi Kumaresh about her journey with the Saraswati Veena. Speaking with her is Smt Pramodini Rao, Director, Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula
- 25 February 2021: Dr. Pt Keshav Ginde, (Flautist and innovator of the ‘Keshav Venu’) in conversation with Pt. Amarendra Dhaneshwar (Senior vocalist of the Gwalior gharana and music critic) on the 'Evolution and Playing Techniques of the flute'.
- 11 March 2021: A lec-dem by Kalaimamani Trichur Charumathi Ramachandran on 'Raga Kalyani, the Empress of Ragas'.
- 25 March 2021: Lec-dem on 'Dimensions of Raga Alapana in a Concert' by Padmabhushan Sangeetha Kalanidhi Trichur V Ramachandran.
Click here to read about the past sessions