The management of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV) believe that ‘means’ should not come in the way of meritorious students desirous of pursuing higher education at CVV. Hence, CVV encourages deserving students to apply for ‘Merit-Cum-Means’ Scholarship.
In order to avail the same, the CVV Scholarship Application Form shall be filled and submitted along with the supporting documents as mentioned below.
The award of Scholarship will be governed by the following regulations:
- All Indian students admitted to any of the CVV programs are eligible to apply for scholarship, provided they have accepted the admission by paying the non-interest bearing refundable ‘Caution Deposit’ of Rs.10,000 (Rupees Ten Thousand only). The Caution Deposit may be refunded if the student withdraws admission.
- The scholarship is by means of full or partial waiver of tuition fee, based on merit and means, evaluated by the Scholarship Committee on a case to case basis; awarded on a ‘first come first serve’ basis.
- Applicants, who have been selected for any Scholarship, will be sent a Scholarship Award Letter (SAL) and an Acceptance Note to be completed and returned to CVV before the specified date, along with the supporting documents, as mentioned below.
- Parents/guardians who are either self-employed or have agricultural income, are required to submit an income declaration stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- Employed parents/guardians are required to submit self-attested photocopies of salary slip (latest 3 months mandatory) and the income tax returns (ITR), if any, for the last three years.
Note: Please attach THE AFFIDAVIT in ORIGINAL ONLY (Notarized by a Notary Public). You may retain a photocopy for your reference.
- Acceptance of the scholarship shall be communicated to CVV on or before the last date mentioned in the Scholarship Award Letter (SAL). Any delay in this communication will result in cancellation of the scholarship awarded to the student.
- Scholarship amount will be released / Fee waivers will be invoked only on an annual basis. The continuation of scholarship for the subsequent years is dependent on the satisfactory academic performance and good conduct of the awardee; reviewed at the end of each year.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by producing false supporting documents or declarations; his/ her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith. He/ She will be required to return to CVV, the entire Scholarship amount received by him/her.
- The management reserves the right to cancel the scholarship awarded if the student is found to be guilty of any kind of misconduct/ violation of any rules and regulations of CVV.
- These guidelines are subject to modification or change, from time to time, at the discretion of CVV Management.
- The decision of the scholarship committee is final on all matters. No further queries will be entertained.
NB: If a student is eligible for any scholarship from Government and/ or other sources, it may be informed to us in advance. CVV shall provide the necessary documentation and facilitate the student to apply for the same. In such cases, the scholarship, if availed from CVV, shall be reduced to the extent of the scholarship received from Government and/ or other sources.