FAQs about the B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed. Programmes
1. What do B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.A.B.Ed. stand for?
Ans: B.Sc.B.Ed. stands for Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Education. B.A.B.Ed. stands for Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education.
2. Why do you use the nomenclature B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.A.B.Ed.?
Ans: These are 4-year innovative Integrated Teacher Education Programmes (ITEP) which are equivalent to two degree programmes namely B.Sc. and B.Ed. and B.A. and B.Ed., respectively. Following the UGC nomenclature for dual degree programmes, we have used the nomenclature Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed. and Integrated B.A.B.Ed. [Ref. UGC Specification of Degrees, March 2014. ]
3. Are these programmes recognised by the concerned body?
Ans: Yes. The programmes are recognised by the concerned body i.e. the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE-SRC). [Ref. Letter of recognition/ approval]
4. What are the combinations/specialisations offered?
Ans: We offer the B.Sc.B.Ed. programme with specialisation in Mathematics and the B.A.B.Ed. programme with specialisation in English Literature/Social Sciences.
5. What are the objectives of these programmes?
Ans: The primary objective of these programmes is to produce effective and efficient teachers specialised in a single discipline as well as in the pedagogy of that discipline (Mathematics/English/Social Sciences). These programmes also aim to produce good Mathematicians/Litterateurs/Social Scientists by providing them with a solid foundation to pursue higher education in their respective disciplines.
6. Am I eligible to pursue a Masters degree programme on completion of these programmes?
Ans: Yes. On successful completion of any of these programmes, the candidates are eligible to pursue Masters degree programmes in either their core discipline (Mathematics/English/Social Sciences) or in Education (M.Ed./M.A. Education) in any Indian university or abroad.
7. Am I eligible for teaching posts in state/central government schools on the award of B.Sc.B.Ed. or B.A.B.Ed. degrees from CVV?
Ans: Yes. These programmes are recognised and approved by NCTE and by the policies of states and the centre for the recruitment of TGTs (Trained Graduate Teachers). B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.A.B.Ed degree holders are eligible for the post of TGTs.
8. How do you say that the B.Sc.B.Ed. programme is equivalent to the B.Sc. and B.Ed. degree of any university?
Ans: The courses offered in the B.Sc.B.Ed. programme are on par with those offered in the B.Sc. Mathematics (Hons.) and B.Ed. degree programmes of any other university. The minimum core curriculum is maintained in the programmes.
9. How do you say that the B.A.B.Ed. programme is equivalent to the B.A. and B.Ed. degrees of any university?
Ans: The courses offered in the B.A.B.Ed. programme are on par with those offered in the B.A. (English)/B.A. (Social Sciences) and B.Ed. degree programmes of any other university. The minimum core curriculum is maintained in all the programmes.
10. What is unique about the B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed. programmes at CVV?
Ans: The B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed. programmes at CVV are single major (discipline)–single pedagogy programmes. Students undergoing these programmes gain deeper knowledge in both their chosen discipline and pedagogy. These programmes prepare teachers for the modern-day, state-of-the-art schools, equipping them with knowledge of the latest research and technologies in teaching and learning. These programmes also offer courses on Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS) and the Chinmaya Vision Programme (CVP), thus preparing well-rounded teachers more than equipped to take on the challenging role of shaping our future citizens.
11. Can I exit early from the programme obtaining a single degree? Do I get two separate degrees on completing the 4-year programme successfully?
Ans: No. These are integrated programmes and no early exit will be provided to any candidate under any circumstances. A single degree (B.Sc.B.Ed./B.A.B.Ed.) will be awarded on successful completion of the four-year programme mentioning the specialisation.
12. What is the fee structure for the programme?
Ans: Visit the following link for details https://www.cvv.ac.in/howtoapply
13. What is the eligibility for getting admission to these programmes?
Ans: 1. A minimum of 65% overall marks in 12th Standard (Intermediate/CBSE/Board examination).
2. A minimum of 70% marks in Mathematics in 12th Standard (Intermediate/CBSE/Board examination) for B.Sc.B.Ed.–Mathematics.
3. A minimum of 65% marks in English in 12th Standard (Intermediate/CBSE/Board examination) for B.A.B.Ed.English.
There will also be an interview to determine the final selection of candidates for the programme.
14. Since this is a four-year course, will this be considered to be an Honours degree?
Ans: No. This programme is not an Honours degree programme.
15. In case we wish to go abroad to study Masters, will this be considered as a four-year Bachelor Degree which will entitle us to directly go for Masters in some universities abroad?
Ans: Yes. One can pursue Masters in universities abroad in either the concerned discipline or in education, after the successful completion of this programme.
16. Is this the same as the new course announced by the HRD Ministry in July 2019 ?
Ans: These programmes B.Sc.B.Ed. and B.A.B.Ed. at CVV were conceived much before the announcement of the four-year B.Ed. programmes by the HRD Ministry in July 2019. Though these programmes come under the same umbrella of ITEPs, the programmes at CVV are categorised under ‘Innovative Integrated Teacher Education Programmes’.
17. What kind of jobs can I opt for, after this programme?
Ans: After the programme, you are eligible to apply for teaching positions in schools at the high school level (till class 10) and teach your chosen discipline (English or Maths). Our placement cell will assist you with this. You can also pursue other career paths. For example, you can opt for journalism, content development, translation, etc. on completion of a B.A.B.Ed English Literature programme. After a B.Sc.B. Ed. Mathematics programme, you can also choose to work in the banking sector, IT companies and other related fields.