Applied Psychology postgraduates will specialise in their areas of interest such as clinical and health psychology or industrial and organisational psychology and can become psychologists and work as consulting psychologists, researchers. They can also opt to study further towards higher education in psychological sciences.
- History and Systems in Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology in context
- Indian Concepts and Theories in Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Personality and Psychopathology
- Experimental Psychology and Psychological Assessment
- Research Methods and Statistics
Health and Clinical Psychology
|Industrial and Organisational Psychology|
M.Sc. in Applied Psychology is a two-year full-time programme with a blend of theory courses, lab and field-based practicals, internship and research. These courses would lay a strong foundation for both higher studies or work opportunities if the student so chooses. The insights from Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS) and their modern-day applications, would form a unique aspect of this programme. The postgraduates would specialise in one of the two specialisations offered in either Clinical and Health Psychology or Industrial and Organisational Psychology. The specialisations would equip the postgraduates to analyse situations and behaviours in their specialisation and work context, effectively apply psychological concepts, principles and theories and derive appropriate interventions required.
Practica will be spread over three semesters. These will be based on theory papers, both compulsory majors and optional specialisation papers, with at least two practica per course, as designed by faculty, conducted either in laboratory conditions or in different fields.
Internship/ Field Training and Dissertation:
Each student will be placed in the field of their chosen specialisation at least for fifty days during the summer vacations. The fieldwork would be carried out under the joint supervision of a field supervisor and faculty Supervisor. A dissertation is a requirement during the fourth semester.
- Internationally and nationally acclaimed faculty
- An eminent team of guest faculty
- State-of-the-art training methods
- Individualised supervision for course work, practicum, research and internship
- Strong roots in yoga and meditation-based therapies from the Indian knowledge Systems (IKS)
A minimum of 55% of marks or its equivalent CGPA in B.A./B.Sc. Psychology or allied subjects.