Why B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering at CVV?
A Mechanical Engineering degree provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practises of design, manufacturing, and optimisation of specialist machines and processes. This domain offers endless opportunities for innovation and problem-solving This degree will prepare students to address the world’s future energy needs by combining their technical knowledge with an understanding of sustainability and environmental considerations. Through a combination of rigorous coursework and hands-on experience, our students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving engineering landscape. With their multidisciplinary knowledge and problem-solving skills, mechanical engineers often progress into project management and leadership roles.
Our Mechanical Engineering programme has a focus on Industry-4.0-related courses such as Additive Manufacturing and 3D printing, Robotics and Automation, Internet of Things, Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Engineering Optimisation, Advanced Materials Engineering and Modern Manufacturing Techniques, and Computational Fluid Dynamics prepare students for a wide range of careers.
Highlights of Mechanical Engineering Programme at CVV
• Provides a strong foundation in engineering principles and a comprehensive understanding of mechanical systems.
• Exposure to industry relevant add-on courses such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Data Science (DS).
• Research Driven Learning in Mechanical Engineering Streams such as Design, Manufacturing, Materials, Thermal and Industrial Engineering.
• Lectures by academic and industry experts on topics ranging from emerging technologies in Mechanical Engineering to business strategy and leadership development.
• Exposure to industry internships and research projects in Mechanical Engineering and allied disciplines.
• Mentoring by top academicians with expertise in the area of core streams in Mechanical Engineering.
CVV INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Unique Features of B.Tech. Programmes at CVV
- State-of-the-art academic and hostel facilities, brand-new computer centres, labs, classrooms and research space.
- Specialised workstations and servers, high-performance computing clusters, and leading-edge software.
- Expert teaching faculty focused on empowering students to deliver technological innovation and impact.
- Real-world projects, publication opportunities, and industry collaborations.
- Year-round guest lectures on industry trends, emerging technology, career opportunities, and other topics by members of our global panel of industry and academic experts.
- Opportunities for paid internships in India and abroad from year one onwards.
- Collaboration with leading corporations to enable students to intern and engage in the future of technology.
- Introduction to Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS) to empower the students holistically.
- An opportunity to know the real “Me” through Yoga and Meditation.
Guest Lectures, Industry Exposure, Internships, and Placements
In the four years at CVV, the students will be continually exposed to a global panel of industry and academic experts through guest lectures. These lectures will cover a broad range of topics, including career development, technology, finance, market trends, entrepreneurship, and the skills needed to succeed in all facets of startups.
Leading companies have agreed to offer paid internships to CVV students in India and, for the lucky few, overseas as well. Students have the opportunity to participate in research projects and internships with industry partners, giving them invaluable practical experience. Upon completion of the programme, the very same companies will compete to employ CVV students. CVV’s Placement Office will help prepare students and guide them every step of the way, firmly rooted in the conviction that “Your Success is Ours, too!”
Our laboratories are equipped with the latest hardware and software tools necessary for the study and practical application of engineering today and in the future. They are provisioned with the latest desktops, high-performance computing clusters, and specialised software that is essential for the study of artificial intelligence, automation systems, data sciences, and other domains. Our laboratories are designed to foster collaboration and innovation, providing students with a stimulating environment that encourages research and innovation. Designed to simulate real-world conditions in the marketplace, by working in these labs, students will gain practical experience in developing intelligent systems that interact with the physical world.
Our faculty members are leading experts in their respective fields, with extensive experience in industry and academia. They use a variety of innovative teaching methods and pedagogies to cater to the different learning styles and needs of students. Our highly motivated faculty, many with teaching and working experience in the US, UK, Australia, and premier institutions in India, are passionate about teaching and research. They are committed to providing students with the best possible education and industry exposure.
They collaborate on research projects with leading technology companies and research institutions. Faculty use interactive lectures, group discussions, case studies, experiential learning, and hands-on projects to engage students and encourage critical thinking and problem-solving. They also provide individualised feedback and support to help students improve their understanding of the subject matter. The valuable insights and perspectives gained by CVV students are priceless. Students gain a practical understanding of the concepts and skills needed to succeed in their chosen field.
CVV has built an exclusive state-of-the-art facility for students and faculty at Onakkoor in Ernakulam district, just 35 km from the Ernakulam Junction Station and 50 km from Kochi Airport.
With new academic blocks, hostel and dining facilities, and leading-edge computers and software in the lab, students and faculty will live and work on the campus set amidst a verdant hill station-like location that is very conducive to learning, engaged with events, and exciting for building a social and academic life. With access to a convenience store and other shops, the student will look forward to every day as a new adventure in life and learning.