How to Apply?
Thank you for your interest in applying for a programme at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV). At CVV, you will find cutting-edge curriculum blended with the right dose of Indian Wisdom; masterfully designed by some of the best faculty. You get to meet students from different walks of life in a campus that offers a rich campus life.
CVV Admissions 2021 Process Flow
Instructions for filling the application form:
- Create your profile and register at the CVV’s Online Application portal to apply for your choice of programmes at CVV. Once you have created an applicant profile you will receive login and password details by email. Log in using these credentials through the Log In section, to access your profile.
- Select the programme(s) that you are planning to apply for. The programme name in the application form indicates the major stream that the applicant desires to pursue.
- You may apply for four programmes in a particular category by listing them as preferences and you would be offered admission to one of them depending upon the suitability of your profile.
- Keep a soft copy of your passport size photograph ready before filling the form. Photo size: Less than 1MB. Dimensions: 400×400 and 2048×2048 pixels. File format: .png/.gif/.jpg/.jpeg
- Applicants are required to provide information such as qualifying level scores, personal contact details, educational qualifications, achievements and other details.
- Please keep scanned copies of relevant documents ready before filling the form. (File format: pdf png gif jpg jpeg.) The following documents are required:
- 10th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be.
- 12th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be. (Applicants awaiting their 12th standard results may furnish these on or before June 10th 2020)
- Any other certificates, transcripts, and testimonials. (These documents may have relevance in assessing the candidature.)
- This form is an integral part of the admission process. Please provide correct information. Admission granted on the basis of incorrect information can be cancelled by CVV at any point of time
- Incomplete forms will not be considered during the application evaluation process.
- Payment of the application fee of ?500 is mandatory for completion of application form. (Not applicable for applicants to the Integrated Masters programmes.) This fee is non-refundable. Payment can be made via Credit Card, Debit Cards, Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- Any change in your address/e-mail/contact number should be intimated to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting your application number.
- In all matters regarding admission to the programme, the decision of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth will be final and binding on the applicant. No correspondence from the applicant with respect to his/her non-selection will be entertained.
Our admission decisions are based on the following policies:
- The admissions process is entirely merit-based, after compliance with regulations pertaining to reservations, as prescribed by the UGC.
- No other formal or informal recommendations from or through any individuals or entities will be entertained or considered.
- CVV does not have a deferral policy. The admission offer is only valid for the programme starting in July 2020.
- CVV does not accept credit transfer from other universities. Mid–year applicants from other universities have to start as first-year students.
- CVV’s admission panel will conduct additional tests/personal interviews as required.
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be considered for selection.
Misrepresentation of Information:
CVV will verify all original certificates or mark sheets supporting the application at the time of enrolment. CVV will not tolerate any instance of falsification of information submitted by candidates. The admission shall immediately stand cancelled and fees forfeited, in case it is discovered at any stage that any of the information submitted was false.
All information submitted by the applicants will be confidential, except as desired by the law.
Admission to CVV is merit-based. However, financial aid is need-based. An applicant’s need for financial aid will not affect their selection to the programme. Need-based financial aid will be assessed by CVV for such number of students and up to such extent of aid as is permissible from the endowments created by the Vishwavidyapeeth. All financial aid is at the absolute discretion of the CVV management.
All accepted students start their journey at the University with the registration process that confirms formal enrolment into the University.
Candidates desirous of applying to Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth’s academic programmes must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
Under Graduate and Integrated Masters Programmes
Boards of Study:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or State Boards, CBSE, ICSE and NIOS of India.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (IB certificate students are not eligible for admission.)
- Cambridge University (GCE/IGCSE/GCSE examinations of the approved British Examination Bodies). ‘A’ level certificate with five subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at Ordinary (‘O’) Level and two out of three subjects at Advanced Level.
Candidates currently in their 12th standard or equivalent school levels can also apply provided their final examinations are being held before 10th May 2020. Such candidates may submit their 12th grade passing certificate/mark sheet before 10th June 2020. Their admission shall be strictly provisional, subject to the submission of the qualifying certificates by the prescribed last date.
- B.A. (Sanskrit): Students must have studied English as one of the subjects. Prior knowledge of Devanagari is preferable.
- B.Com., B.B.A., B.A. Applied Psychology, B.A.B.Ed. and B.Sc.B.Ed. – Students must have studied English as one of the subjects.
- Integrated Masters (Sanskrit) in Vyakarana or Advaita Vedanta – Knowledge of Devanagari is compulsory.
Post Graduate Programmes
- MA (Sanskrit)
- Bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit or in any discipline associated with Sanskrit is preferred.
- Candidates may also apply if they have a working knowledge of spoken and written Sanskrit if they are graduates of other UG programmes.
- Sanskrit enthusiasts with a zeal to study PG in Sanskrit are welcome irrespective of their UG background.
- All applicants are expected to have a UG degree certificate recognised by UGC with minimum 50% marks. The department will conduct an entrance examination to determine the admission eligibility of candidates for the programme.
- M.A. (PPG): Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The department may conduct test and/or interviews to determine the suitability of candidates for the programme.
- M.Com.: B.Com. programme or any other programme equivalent to B.Com., from any institute/university, recognised by UGC with minimum 50% marks.
- L.L.M (International Trade and Commercial laws): Candidates should either have minimum of 50% in their L.L.B. or have attained equivalent grade points. Tests and/or interviews may be conducted to determine the suitability of candidates for the programme.
- L.L.M (Legal Theory): Candidates should either have a minimum score of 50% in their L.L.B. or should have attained equivalent grade points. Tests and/or interviews may be conducted to determine suitability of the candidate for the programme.
- M.Sc. (Applied Psychology): Minimum 55% marks or its equivalent CGPA in B.A. / B.Sc. Psychology or allied subjects. Candidates from non-psychology background are required to appear for an entrance examination.
- P.G. Diploma: Bachelors in any stream with a minimum score of 65%.
Declaration of Result:
CVV shall evaluate the candidature of every applicant based on the relevant selection criteria after receipt of a completed application form along with the required documents within the application deadlines. Evaluation tests or interviews may be applicable at CVV’s discretion. The admission results will be announced as per the admission schedule. If you are selected, you will receive a copy of your offer letter by email as well.
Once applicants have gone through the interview round they may expect one of following communications:
- Firm offer of admission
- Conditional offer of admission
- Denial of admission
Acceptance of the Offer:
Selected candidates need to accept their admissions offer within the validity period. The additional requisite documentation/information to be submitted with the acceptance will be detailed in the offer letter. To confirm acceptance, the candidate will need to:
- Click the Accept button to accept the offer of admission.
- Pay the admission commitment fees as mentioned in the offer letter.
CVV will communicate all the necessary information about the date of joining such as reporting date and time, academic calendar, housing details, documents to be submitted during enrolment, items to bring to campus, and induction schedule before the commencement of the academic programme. Please check your registered email regularly.
Documents required for admission of International Students:
1. VISA: All international students will require a ‘Student VISA’ endorsed to our institution for joining full time courses. No other endorsement is acceptable. Students wishing to join a research programme will require a ‘Research VISA’ endorsed to our institution. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course. Visa may be obtained after issuing offer of admission.
2. A visa is not required for NRI students. Students who are doing full time courses, in some other institutions, do not require a separate visa for joining ‘Part Time courses’ provided that their current visa is valid for the entire duration of the course.
3. All International Students wishing to undertake any research work or join a M.Sc/M.Phil/ PhD program will have to obtain prior security clearance from the Ministry of Home Affairs and the approval of Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and this must be on the student visa/research visa endorsed to this institution.
4. TC/ CC - A letter of recommendation from their respective foreign school/ University with official seal and signature (either registrar/ head of the institution).
5. FRRO registration to be done after the student joins the course.
1. Qualifications - Only those Students who have qualified from foreign Universities or Boards of Higher Education recognized as equivalent by our university authorities are eligible for admission.
2. When required, a reference will be made to the embassy of the country of their origin to check the equivalence. In case the University /Board is not found satisfactory, the candidate has to obtain proper authentication from AIU.
3. Submission of Equivalence Certificate from AIU is mandatory for foreign nationals. AIU address is given below. AIU HOUSE 16, Comrade Indra
For Refund Policy on Withdrawal of Admission, Click Here
- To familiarise students with the University’s genesis, history, functioning, campus culture, norms and standards.
- To introduce the broad curricular and co-curricular programmes available for them to get them excited about their academic life.
- To provide information about campus resources and support services that are vital for a successful transition and academic success.
- To provide an opportunity for new students to have fun, interact with their peers, and showcase their creative skills.
- To create an environment that builds a sense of community in the incoming class and connect them to faculty, staff and other students.
The Academic Calendar will be updated based on the directives specified by UGC in view of COVID19 Pandemic.
A checklist will be provided to help you know what to bring and expect at the campus.
Tasks to be completed during Registration:
- Verification of original certificates pertaining to the previous educational qualifications.
- Collection and verification of Registration forms and student declarations. The Admission offer letter in original and the fee receipt is provided to the student.
Essentials for Registration:
- Original academic certificates along with at least one photocopy of each document. This should include the Transfer Certificate issued by your previous institution
- ID proof (Aadhar compulsory).
- A printed copy of the admission offer letter
- 6 passport size photos
Incoming students will go through an intense two-week orientation that will attempt to assimilate students into CVV’s unique learning approach. The orientation programme is a combination of academic discussions and fun activities.
A glimpse of what you can expect:
- Interesting academic sessions that include Functional English, Conversational Sanskrit, Computer Literacy.
- Informative sessions on policies and guidelines of the University.
- Campus tour
- Visit to a place of interest (if weather permits).
Prior to the Registration:
- Refer to the prospectus to access the academic calendar, semester plans and others.
- Review the Anti-Ragging Guidelines set by UGC. The student and the parents both will need to sign an undertaking as part of the registration process.
- Fill the medical checklist attached and get it signed by a medical practitioner.
- The schedule of the registration and the bridge programme is available at the link given below.
- Fill in the Google form provided to inform us of your arrival plans.
Links to Resources:
- UGC Guidelines – Anti-Ragging
- CVV – Medical Form
- CVV – Checklist for residential candidates
- Tell us your arrival plan
- CVV – Programme Schedule – Registration and Orientation
How to get here?
You could choose to travel to Ernakulam (also known as Cochin) either by air or rail.
The closest railway station is the Piravom Road Railway Station. However, only a few trains stop at this station. Eg; Kanyakumari Express (if you are travelling from Bangalore). If your train does not have a scheduled stop at Piravom Road, please book your tickets to either Ernakulam Town/North Railway Station or Ernakulam Junction/South Railway Station. Once in Ernakulam, you can choose to reach the campus by taking a bus to Peppathy. From there, you could take an autorickshaw to reach the campus. The other option is to take a cab from the station.
The closest airport to the campus is the Cochin International Airport. Please pre-book your cabs from the Airport to CVV Campus. For bookings and other travel related help, please contact our authorised travel agent on +91 95679 28245 (NOTE: Please make all payments directly to the travel agent, for all bookings made through the travel agent)