Fees Refund Policy
Caution Deposit and 1st Semester Fee
Every candidate selected for admission at Chinmaya Vishwa Vidyapeeth (CVV) is required to deposit a token fee of INR 10,000 as part of their first semester programme fees to confirm his/her offer of admission by the acceptance deadline as specified in the offer letter. The programme fee for the first semester and the Caution Deposit of INR 10,000 has to be paid for final confirmation of enrollment. The Caution Deposit is collected to pay for possible incidentals such as property damage, unpaid transportation fee, incidental meals consumed in the cafeteria and so on. It may also apply to any other receivables subject to the rules and regulations of CVV.
Confirmation of admission
The admission of a student to a programme is confirmed upon acceptance of the offer, which includes the following steps:
- Returning the signed copy of the offer letter issued by the University.
- Payment of the following fees:
- Programme fees for the first semester of the respective programme. (This includes the token fees paid for confirming the admission offer)
- Boarding and Lodging fees for the first semester (for hostelers)
- Refundable caution deposit of Rs. 10,000.
The academic year 2022-23 will commence on 14 September 2022 with Vidyarambha, a ceremony to mark the auspicious beginning of the academic year.
UG & PG Bridge programme starts
14 September 2022
UG regular classes for the new batch and returning batches start
26 September 2022
PG regular classes for the new batch and returning batches start
26 September 2022
Fee Refund Details:
Refund of Fee upon withdrawal of admission will be as per UGC Guidelines.
- The Application Fee will not be refunded.
- The Caution Deposit will be refunded in full.
- Cancellation charges may be applicable on the refund of programme fees based on the date of the request for withdrawal from the programme.
Please note that:
- The refund amount may be different for students who have been granted financial aid depending on the amount of aid received.
- All refunds will happen within two to four weeks from the date of the request for withdrawal of admission.
The dates mentioned in this document are subject to change. Please check the website periodically for the changes.
Procedure for a Refund:
- A student desiring to withdraw the admission shall submit a request in the format given in Annexure – I.
- The candidate should enclose the original fee receipt along with the application.
- For official purposes, the date of submitting the request will be taken as follows:
- If the request is submitted as a hard copy, the date of receipt of the request at the Registrar’s Office.
- If the request is sent as an email, the date of the email will be considered as the date of request.
- The concerned authority shall forward the request to the Accounts Department for further processing.
- The refund amount, as applicable, will be credited to the bank account specified in the request form.
Note: Any incomplete form may be returned to the student for re-submitting the request.