Subbarao V. Jayanti serves as Professor of Finance and Head of School of Contemporary Knowledge Systems. He has a Ph.D. in Finance from Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA. He taught at Louisiana State University, Cleveland State University, SP Jain Institute of Global Management in Dubai, IIM-Bangalore, and IIM-Rohtak. He published research papers on Finance and Banking in international journals and presented papers in various conferences. His areas of interest are Banking, International Finance, Investment Analysis, and Corporate Finance.
He has extensive consulting experience in USA, Germany and France. He set up financial accounting systems in several companies in various industry sectors (e.g., Banking, Insurance, Chemicals, HiTech, Healthcare, Energy, Retail, Automotive). Some of the companies that he provided consulting services include AIG, Motorola, Goodyear Rubber & Tire, Allybank, Johnson Controls, Avocent, Delphi Automotive, Master Builder Technologies, The Limited Brands, and Peoples Natural Gas. He wrote a book on SAP Financials. Prior to Ph.D. he worked as Manager in a nationalized bank in India.
He is presently involved in studying the relevance of ancient Indian wisdom, particularly Ramayana and Mahabharata in relation to modern day situations. He has an abiding interested in guiding research in these areas, in addition to his traditional core areas of Finance and Banking.
- Ph.D. in Finance, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA
- Professional Certificate in Banking (CAIIB), Indian Institute of Bankers
- Master of Science in Physics, Andhra University, India
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Andhra University, India• Kovida examination conducted by Samskrita Bharati.
Areas of Teaching:
- Financial Markets/Institutions
- International Finance
- Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Capital Budgeting
- Environment of International Business
- Corporate Valuation
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- International Finance/Banking
- Valuation of Derivatives
- Banking Regulation
- Relevance of Indian scriptures to modern areas such as Management, Leadership, Communication Skills, Motivation, and Psychology.