Satheesh Varma gained his doctoral degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology in Advertisement Psychology from Mangalore University. He began his teaching career at the Sri Darmasthala Manjunatheshwara (SDM) College, Ujire after M.Phil. from Madras University. He then moved on to Surana College and Christ University, Bangalore. All his professional life as a teacher sufficient amount of time in guiding and training Undergraduate and Master level students.
His research interests are in organizational behavior, advertising, marketing, and consumer psychologies, Indian and transpersonal psychology and in the emerging field of Ecopsychology. He has published several research articles and book chapters in renowned scientific journals in these areas. He is also a freelance writer for several newspapers.
He is sought after as a consultant by numerous corporate and government organizations and delivers soft skills training programs, organizational development initiatives and employee wellness programs. He is the member of Board of Studies and Board of Examiners in various Universities and Autonomous Colleges.
- M. Phil.,
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Marketing, Consumer and Advertisement Psychology
- Indian and Transpersonal Psychology
- Cultural Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Assistant Professor CHRIST Deemed to be University
- Assistant Professor, Surana College
- SDM College
- SPSS Statistical Software
- AMOS Statistical Software
- NVIVO Qualitative data analysis software
- E-Prime Behavioural Research Software
- PEBL Psychology Experiments Software
- Exner's Comprehensive System on Rorschach’s Inkblot Test
- Teaching Indian Psychology by Indian Institute of Psychology
- Quality improvement program on Multidisciplinary Research and Academic Engagement.
- Varma, S. M. (2015). Quality of Work Life and Work Motivation among Garment Sector Executive Employees. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 3 (1), 115-123. (ISSN No 2349-3429)
- Umashankar & Varma S.M (2017) Self-hypnotic Therapy as a Tool to Boost Emotional Intelligence - An Empirical Study. IIMS- Journal of Management Science, 8 (1), 52-61 (ISSN 0976 – 030X)
- Varma, S. M., & Manjula, M. Y. (2012). Indian entry-level hatchback cars: Advertisement appeals and strategies. SCMS Journal of Indian Management, 9 (2), 63-80. (ISSN No - 0973-3167) (Scopus Index-Journal)
- Varma, S. M., & Manjula, M. Y. (2012). Advertisement Effectiveness: Study of need appeals in Indian hatchback commercials. IMS Manthan (The Journal of Mgt., Comp. Science & Journalism), 7 (1), 206-209. (ISSN No - 0974-7141)
- Varma, S. M., & Manjula, M. Y. (2012). Self-Concept as Predictor of Motivational Needs of Indian Hatch Back Car Consumers. The International Journal of Management and Behavioural Sciences (IJMBS), 1, 1-6. (ISSN No – 2278-5671)
- Varma, S. M., & Manjula, M. Y. (2012). Sensation seeking as a predictor of motivational needs of Indian hatchback car consumers. Indian Journal of Applied Research, 129-131. (ISSN No 2277-4823)
Google Scholar Page: