Sarin Dominic is a practising clinical psychologist with five years of experience in working with individuals with mental illnesses, in psychiatric settings. He is currently pursuing his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the Ranchi Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Allied Sciences (RINPAS), Jharkhand. He is actively involved in teaching clinical psychology courses and passionate in insightful explorations of human nature. Sarin holds a Master’s degree in Applied Psychology from Bharathiar University, in Tamil Nadu and an M. Phil. in Clinical Psychology from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He is a registered mental health practitioner at the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI). He has presented research papers in various national conferences in the area of clinical psychology and has published several articles in national journals. His research areas include substance addiction, emotional disorders, neurocognitive disorders and psychotherapy development.
- Pursuing his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Ranchi Institute of Neuropsychiatry and Allied Sciences (Pursuing since 2015).
- M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- M.Sc. in Applied Psychology from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
Assistant Professor, Mount Carmel College, Kerala.
- Substance addictions
- Emotional disorders
- Neurocognitive disorders
- Interpersonal relationships
- Psychotherapy development
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded the UGC-Junior Research Fellowship (NET) in 2014.
- Received a Gold Medal from Osmania University for securing the highest marks for his M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology.
- Cognitive Coping Strategies, Psychological Symptoms and Quality of Life Among Individuals with Cannabis Dependence Seeking Psychiatric Treatment (with Masroor Jahan), IAHRW International Journal of Social Science Review, 2018, Vol. 6(9), 1806-1812.
- Incorporating Cognitive Retraining for Management of Individuals Having Cannabis Dependence Currently Abstinent (with Amool R. Singh and Masroor Jahan) in MOJ Addiction Medicine and Therapy, 2017; Vol. 3(5):158–160.
- Revamped Mental Healthcare Act – What is New? (with Amool R. Singh and Masroor Jahan) Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology, 2018, Vol. 45(2), 11-17.
- Application of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in Management of Hypochondriasis: A case study (with Sajda Farheen and Masroor Jahan) International Journal of Advance and Innovative Research, 2019, Vol. 6(2), 18-20.
- Internal Consistency Reliability and Test-Retest Reliability of Scale for Assessment of Neuro-Cognitive-Behavioural Deficits (SAND) (with Masroor Jahan, Amool R. Singh and Sangita Kumari) Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology, 2019, Vol. 46(2), 117-121.