Neethu S Kumar holds an M.Phil. in English Language Education, and an M.A in English (Teaching of English as a Second Language) from the English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad.
Her primary interest lies in the field of English Language Teaching, specifically in Materials Development. Her M.Phil. thesis focused on the efficacy of using songs to teach interrogatives to young learners of English. Her other research interests include second language acquisition, language assessment, and language impairment.
In addition to teaching English to learners of diverse age groups, she has donned the roles of a Teacher Trainer, Materials Designer (language coursebooks and language lab), and Language Assessment Developer. She has also conducted professional development workshops for school teachers and trained them on pedagogy and planning.
At Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, she teaches courses on English Language Communication, Academic Language Skills, and English Literature.
- M.Phil. in English Language Education (ELE), EFL University, Hyderabad
- M.A. English (Teaching of English as a Second Language), EFL University, Hyderabad
- B.Sc. Physics, Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram
- Guest Lecturer (English), Sacred Heart College, Ernakulam
- Senior Academic Consultant, Next Education India Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Education Coach, iDiscoveri Education Pvt. Ltd., Calicut
- Language Test Developer, Educational Initiatives Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- Freelance Materials Designer for English Coursebooks (K-12, Undergraduate Programmes)