Jayesh Pillai is Assistant Professor—Tourism and Hospitality Management, at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth’s School of Contemporary Knowledge Systems.
He has an MBA in Tourism and is currently pursuing an MBA in HRM from the Pondicherry Central University. He has been working in the field of tourism and hospitality management for the last five years in different capacities. He has also worked with organisations involved in tour operations. As a part of his work, he has visited most of the tourist destinations in India and the Far East.
He is interested in skill development programmes with a special focus on vocational skills in the area of tourism and hospitality management. He has generated MoUs and linkages with numerous organisations in the travel and tourism industry. He was instrumental in empowering students for developing their employability skills in the area through vocational education at the DDU Kaushal Kendra (UGC sponsored Centre for Vocational Education and Skill Training) Sree Sankara College, affiliated to the MG University, Kottayam. He is proficient in English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam.
- MBA in Tourism, Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry
- MBA in HRM, Pondicherry Central University, Puducherry (Pursuing)
- Assistant Professor, B.Voc. Tourism and Hospitality, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Kaushal Kendra, Sree Sankara College, Kalady, Ernakulam, affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam (Three years and nine months)
- Operational experience in tourism/hospitality and other related industries (Nine years)
Areas of Teaching
Travel Agency and Tour Operations Business, Tourism Products of India, Customer Relations and Service Management, Marketing, Travel Geography and related areas.
The major areas of research interest are:
- Community-based tourism
- Digital marketing of tourism
- Product promotion
- Documentation of innovative areas
- Placed fresh graduates of vocational programmes in the industry
- Established Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with renowned organisations in the tourism industry
- Established and operated a ‘Travel Desk’ by collaborating with students in the college
- Facilitated for students to participate in numerous industry events and training programmes
- Served as an examiner and member of the curriculum committee for B.Voc. programmes under the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
Participation in Seminar/ Conference/ Events/Publication
- Participated in the product presentation of Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board (August 2015)
- Participated and presented a paper titled ‘Tourism as a Content Area in High School Education of Kerala’ at the international seminar on ‘Mission 2030 – Priorities, Barriers and Directions of Education’ organised by Mother Theresa College of Teacher Education, Calicut. ISBN No: 978-93-84035-95-2 (2017)
- Presented a paper titled ‘Certain Operational Strategies in Tourism: A Comparison of Kerala and Thailand’ at the national conference on New-Age Marketing–2018, organised by the School of Management Studies (CUSAT), Cochin
- Presented a talk onAll India Radio (AIR, Trivandrum) on ‘Tourism and the Youth’ (2018)
- Co-ordinated and participated in the ‘International Workshop on Solar Energy Harvesting Techniques’ jointly organised by DDU Kaushal Kendra—Sree Sankara College and ANERT, Government of Kerala (2019)
Hobbies and Interests
Travelling, photography, theatre