Dr. Tulasi Kumar Joshi received his Ph.D. from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, under the supervision of Prof. Dhananjay Kumar Pandey. He has read Advaita Vedanta and Nyaya under his Guru Acharya Shri Rajaram Shukla, the latter under the guidance of Śrī Mani Dravid Śāstrī and Vyakarana in the traditional way of Kāśī under Acharya Sri. Purushottam Tripathi.
Following the completion of his Ph.D., he joined the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan as Guest Faculty in Advaita Vedanta at their Guruvayoor Campus. He has delivered lectures on Vyakarana, Nyaya and Advaita Vedanta at several Vakyartha Sabhas. He has a keen interest in Yogic Philosophy. his expertise lies in epistemological and metaphysical aspects of Indian philosophy, and vyakaranam.
At Chinmaya VIshwavidyapeeth he is a Programme Director of the Integrated Master’s in Advaita Vedanta programme.
- Ph.D. in Advaita Vedanta, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Acharya in Śāṅkaravedānta, SSVV, Varanasi
- M.A. in Sanskrit, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- B.A. in Sanskrit Literature, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P.
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- 5 years of teaching experience and ten years of research experience.
- Teaching: Advaita Vedānta, Nyāya, Vyākaraṇa and Yoga Darśana.
- Research: Epistemological and Metaphysical aspects of Indian Schools of Philosophy, Vyākaraṇam.
- Journals: He has published 13 papers in national and international peer-reviewed journals.
- JRF Award, U.G.C.
- Golden Ring Award from Sringeri Sharada Peetham
- Joshi TK (2017), Nirdiśyamānatvaniruktiḥ, Vidwat Pratibha, Volume No. 1, page numbers -
- Joshi TK (2020), Visual Perception: Perspectives from Advaita VedÀnta, Published in Journal of Psychological Research.
- Nyāyadvaitavedāntābhimatopamānaswarūpavimarśaḥ, Susanskr̥tam.
- Tulayāsyaprayatnamiti sūtre āsyapadārthavicāraḥ, Published in Dhīmahi.
- Member, Research and Publication Committee, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth.
- Programme Director for the Integrated Master’s in Advaita Vedanta Programme, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (Since 2017)
- Member of Board of Studies of the Integrated Masters programme in Advaita Vedanta, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth
- Member, Passing Board Committee, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth
- Member, Admission Committee, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth.