Dr. Sandhya Shankar holds a doctorate from the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) for research with UGC-JRF in the field of Psycholinguistics. It concentrated on the cognition of time in children, the way children represent time and space in their language. Her graduation in Elementary Education focuses on Language and Mathematics Pedagogy. The course was an integrative study of human development, subject knowledge and communication skills. It included an in-depth study of child language acquisition and curriculum planning.
Persuing her interest in language acquisition studies, she pursued her MA in Linguistics, with courses including applied linguistics, semiotics and developmental psycholinguistics. She has published various articles in journals and authored a chapter in book apart from presenting papers in both national and international conferences. Since 2013, she has worked on research projects, including one on peace education with NCERT, Delhi and taught in different colleges in Delhi and Kerala. Other than academics she is interested in painting and writing.
- Ph.D. Linguistics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, UGC-JRF NET in Linguistics
- M.A. Linguistics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, B.El.Ed from Delhi University.
- Language Acquisition in Children
- Cross Cultural Conceptualization of Space and Time
- Developmental Psycholinguistics
- Language Pedagogy
- Sahrdaya College of Advanced Studies, Kerala;
- Ashtavakra Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences, Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi;
- Department of Educational Psychology and Foundations of Education, NCERT, Delhi