Dr. Ramakrishna Pejathaya holds a doctorate from RSVP Tirupathi conferred for his research on the medieval text of astronomy Siddhāntaśekhara of Shripathi and its influence on later astronomers. He is actively involved in teaching Sanskrit literature, poetics and Jyotisha. Ramakrishna holds the Vidvat degree in Triskandha Jyotisha which he studied traditionally along with Sahitya and Siddhanta Kaumudi. He has published several research papers and a monograph titled Śekharavaiśiṣṭyam in 2016. His research interests lie in three major areas – Siddhanta Jyotisha, Contemporary Sanskrit and its pedagogy, and Arthashastra. He has also produced study material for the texts Jātakālaṅkāra, Janmapatradīpakam and Bhāskarīya Bījagaṇitam. He is a co-investigator for the ongoing encyclopedia project Jyotiṣaviśvakoṣaḥ being undertaken by SMSP Sanskrit Research Centre, Udupi.
Currently he serves as Principal Investigator in the research project “Idiomatic expressions from classical Sanskrit plays”. Ramakrishna is on the editorial board of the research journal Prācī Prajñā. Ramakrishna is one of few practitioners of the art of Aṣṭāvadhāna in Sanskrit and classical Kannada. His poems and articles in Sanskrit and Kannada have been published in prominent journals and newspapers. His trans-creations of Kannada and Hindi songs into Sanskrit have been well-received on YouTube.
- Vidvaduttama in Jyotisha
- Acharya in Phalita – Jyotisha.
Jyotisha, Sanskrit literature, Itihasa and Purana.
Worked as an Assistant Professor (CP) in the Department of Jyotisha in Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan | Lecturer, S.M.S.P. Sanskrit College, Udupi.
- Principal Investigator of an ongoing project संस्कृतरूपकेषु स्थितानां वाचोयुक्तीनां संकलनं साम्प्रतिकैरुदाहरणैः तासां प्रस्तुतिश्च in the association of Samskrit Promotion Foundation, New-Delhi
- Co-investigator of the 5-year encyclopedia project ‘Jyotiṣa viśwakośa’ being conducted by SMSP Sanskrit Research Centre, Udupi.
- Co-ordinated a 3 Day International conference on “New Frontiers in Sanskrit and Indic Knowledge: Śāstra and discipline: A meaningful dialogue”.
- Co-ordinated a 2 Day workshop on the topic रूपकेषु विद्यमानाः वचोविच्छित्तयः विशिष्टप्रयोगाश्च: सार्थः संवाद
- Authored the monograph ‘Śekharavaiśiṣṭyam’ which discusses unique features of Śrīpati’s Siddhāntaśekhara, published by S.M.S.P. Sanskrit Research Centre, Udupi. (2016)
- Authored the monograph titled Maharṣipāṇini (Biography of Panini) in Kannada, Published by Shri Bharati Prakashana, Bengaluru. (2014)