Dr. Pramod Dinakar is Assistant Professor of Education in the School of Ethics, Governance, Culture and Social Systems. He completed his Ph.D. in Education with UGC-JRF/SRF from the School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam. Thereafter he pursued a Post-Doctoral Fellowship Research in Education funded by the Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR, New Delhi) at the Department of Education, Central University of Kerala, Kasargod. He has more than ten publications and has presented more than fifty papers at seminars and conferences in India and abroad.
Dr. Dinakar worked as a Lecturer/Assistant Professor in College of Teacher Education for over five years and as Research Officer at the State Institute of Educational Management and Training (SIEMAT) for nearly two years. He has been a subject expert and resource person for various programmes organised by socio-educational agencies like SCERT, SSA, RMSA, Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan Kerala, SRC, Kerala State Literacy Mission, Mithraniketan, Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Kudumbasree, etc. He has also been a Resource Person at various academic conferences, seminars and workshops and has donned the role of theme presenter, panellist, speaker, etc. As a Member of curriculum committees of various universities, he has helped develop the curriculum for M.Ed. and B.Ed. courses. Besides, setting examination papers for various academic bodies, he’s also been an examiner for the B.Ed. programme of Kerala University.
As an educator and trainer for over ten years, he has conducted training sessions in medical colleges, engineering colleges, nursing colleges, colleges of teacher education, arts and science colleges, polytechnics, schools, etc. He has conducted in-service training for school teachers and heads of schools.
A passionate educator, Dr. Dinakar is actively involved in various philanthropic NGOs, especially those working in the field of teacher education and adult education. He has visited Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Nepal for academic programmes.
Education and Research
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship [ICSSR] (Education), Central University of Kerala, Kasargod
- Ph.D. (Education). Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- M.Ed., Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- M. A. (Hindi). University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- M. A. (Psychology). Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- M. A. (Sociology), Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- P.G. Diploma in Educational Planning, Management and Administration, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram
- P.G. Diploma in Educational Administration and Supervision, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
- P.G. Diploma in Hindi-English Translation, Bharathiya Anuvad Parishad, New Delhi
- Junior/Senior Research Fellowship in Education, UGC
- National Eligibility Test (Education, Psychology, Hindi and Sociology), UGC
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Colleges of Teacher Education
- Research Officer in the State Institute of Educational Management and Training (SIEMAT), Government of Kerala
- Freelance Teacher Educator and Trainer—Education, Psychology and Research
- Emerging Paradigms in Education and Teacher Effectiveness
- Mixed Methodology Research in Education
- Psycho-Social Competencies
- Incorporating Management Principles in Education
- Mindfulness in Education
- Positive Psychology in Education
Recognition and Awards
- ‘Best Paper Presenter Award’ at three international conferences
- 'National Award for Blooming Faculty in Teacher Education' constituted by the Council for Teacher Education, India.