Dr. Kavita R. Shanmughan is an Assistant Professor in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Heritage. She is an Organisational Psychologist with sixteen years of experience in academics and organisational settings wherein she has contributed immensely in framing, assessing and developing individual competencies thus enabling individuals for career and functional development. While working with a consulting organisation, she has contributed her services to Indian and international clients from over 70 organisations spread across fifteen different sectors. She mainly served manufacturing organisations such as Greenfield, Brownfield and Blackfield.
She demonstrates a great passion to understand, explore, analyse and recommend psychological interventions in the projects she has handled. Her interest lies in Competency Management, Training and Development, HR Systems, Performance Management, HRIS, Recruitment and Selection process, OD Interventions, etc.
As an educator of UG and PG students, she supports bridging the gap between theory and practice through experiential learning. She helps students to prepare for a successful organisational/working experience and helps them set realistic career goals. She conducts sessions on personality development, self-development, motivation and career development.
Dr. Shanmughan is actively involved in providing psychological services for the people of Andaman and Nicobar Islands by working closely with the government departments (Police Department, Directorate of Health Services, Social Welfare Department, Media, Child Protection and Child Rights and MSME). She attempts to reach out to the masses by writing articles in regional newspapers, speaking at public forums, talk shows and live phone-in programmes addressing issues of women empowerment, substance abuse, career choice, anxiety in students, skill development, etc.
- Ph.D. in Psychology, University of Kerala, Kariyavattom
- M.A. Applied Psychology
- Lecturer for an MBA programme at Asan Memorial Institute of Management
- Team Leader at the Centre for Excellence in Organisations
- Associate Dean in Gemba School of HR and Gemba Management Consulting
- Manager—Assessment Practice in Randstad India
- Principal Consultant – Operations and Business Development in Career Tree HR Solutions
Seminars and Presentations
- Presented a paper on ‘How to become a young entrepreneur’ in a National Seminar conducted by NABARD, Andaman 2019.
- Resource person at a Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Research Methods and SPSS
- Conducted Stress Management Sessions for the Nurses of DHS, in Andaman
Awards and Achievement
- Best Employee for Innovation in Product Portfolio in 2007
- Certificate for Excellent Business Performance in Sept 2010
- Certificate for Excellent Financial and Operational Performance in June and August 2011
- Awarded Outstanding Business Performance in Assessment Vertical in February 2012
- Certificate for Best Exemplary Business Leadership in Dec 2017
- Is a committee member in the DGP Study Circle for Andaman and Nicobar Islands, working on identifying and motivating youth to refrain from addiction and live a meaningful life. (2019)