Dr. Joshy V. A. is an Assistant Professor in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Heritage. Dr. Joshy has a Ph.D. in Psychology from the Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, for his research on ‘Effect of Self-Concept on Emotional Competence, Social-Competence and Self-Mutilation among Institutionalised and Non-institutionalised Adolescents’. His research interest is in self-concept, personality, adolescent psychology, and Indian Psychology. My areas of teaching interest is in Developmental Psychology, Indian Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social Psychology, personal effectiveness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Ph.D. in Psychology from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu (2015)
- M.A. in Psychology from Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Kerala (2008)
- B.A. in Philosophy from Calicut University, Kerala (2000)
- Basic Counselling Course from Fountain College (2018)
Areas of Teaching
Developmental Psychology, Personal Effectiveness, Health Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Assistant Professor at Rajagiri Institute of Social Sciences, Kalamassery (2017 June—2018 March)
- Assistant Professor and HOD at Yuvakshetra Institute of Management Studies, Palakkad (2015 May—2017 May)
- Guest Lecturer at Prajyoti Niketan College, Pudukad, Thrissur, Kerala (2013 June—2015 March)
- Assistant Director and Manager of the Prajyoti Niketan College, Pudukad (2014 August—2017 May)
- Lecturer and Resource Person at FATRI (Family Apostolate Training and Research Institute), Velur, Thrissur, Kerala (2009—2011)
- Joshy V. A. & Dr. S. John Michael Raj. Self-Identity and Anxiety Among Adolescent Students. Behavioural Research Review. 2012, Vol.4,56-59. (ISSN:0975-7198).
- Joshy V. A. & Dr. S. John Michael Raj. The Effect of Self-Concept on the Levels of Anxiety, Depression between the Institutionalised and Non-institutionalised Adolescents. Behavioural Research Review. 2013, Vol.5,1-6. (ISSN:0975-7198).
- Joshy V. A. The Effect of Self-Concept on the Levels of Stress Between Institutionalised and Non-institutionalised Adolescents. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Life Skills (ISC-2013). 319-324. (ISBN: 978-93-82062-80-6).
- Joshy V. A & S. John Michael Raj, A Comprehensive View of Self-Concept and its Effect with Respect to Self-Mutilation Among Institutionalised and Non-Institutionalised Adolescents. International Journal of Indian Psychology. Volume 3, Issue 2, No. 9, 2016. (ISSN:2349-3429, P), ISSN: 2348-5396, e). January-March.
- Joshy V. A., S. Neetumol, The Effect of Self-concept on Happiness and Resilience Among the Hostelers and Day-scholars Undergraduate Students. International Journal of Indian Psychology. Vol. 5, Issue (1), 2017. (ISSN:2349-3429, P), ISSN: 2348-5396, e). PP-16-22, October-December, 2017.
- Nasseba Najeeb, Ajmiya Ahammed, Jesty Sunny and Joshy V. A. The Relationship between Self-Concept and Leadership Among Adolescents. International Journal of Research in Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources Management, Vol.6, No.2, June 2018, pp.10-18. (ISSN 2320-8724).
- Ansila Rahman, P. Mariya Treasa and A. Joshy, (2019). The Relationship Between Self-Efficacy and Achievement Motivation Among Young Adults. Int.J.Curr.Res.Aca.Rev. V. 7, No (1), 75-80. doi:https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcrar.2019.701.009. ISSN:2347-3215.
- Thasleema K. R., Varkey. O. A, Padmakumar. D, and Joshy V.A (2019). Relationship Between Empathy and Forgiveness with Resilience Among Hindu, Muslim and Christian College Students. International Journal of Indian Psychology, Vol. 7(1). ISSN:2348-5396(e), ISSN:2349-3429(p), PP.1-10. DIP:18.01.076/20190701, DOI:10.25215/0701.076
- Senior Assistant Superintendent for the conduct of 5th Semester University examination held at Yuvakshetra Institute of Management Studies (YIMS), Palakkad, on November 2015.
- Resource Person and moderator for UGC sponsored two-day National Seminar on Counselling and Psychotherapy organised by Department of Psychology, Prajyoti Niketan College, Pudukad, Thrissur, Kerala, on 5 and 6 December 2014.
- Received a ‘Proficiency Award’ at the hands of the Governor of Kerala Shri P. Sadhasivam for a scholarly performance in my Doctoral Studies in 2017, from the Yuvakshetra Institute of Management Studies, Palakkad.
- Awarded the University Research Fellowship (URF- 2012-2014) throughout my Doctoral Studies.
- ‘Best Paper Award’ on the topic, ‘The Upshot of Self-Concept on Social Competence Among Institutionalised and Non-Institutionalised Adolescents’ at the National Conference on Enhancing Psychological Well-Being (NCEPW-2014), held at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, in February 2014.