Dr. Hari Sundar Govindaraman’s research into buying patterns of customers in various segments is enriched by two decades of experience in combining industry understanding with academics. He has achieved Ph.D. in Consumer Behavior (Marketing Management) from the Anna University. The journey from journalism to academia led him to serve as Faculty in prestigious business and management institutes like the TKM Institute of Management, VIT Business School of VIT University and was also as guest faculty at AIMA MBA Program in PSG IM. Key areas of research include Consumer Behavior - especially in marketing to kids, Rural Consumer behavior and more. He is an erudite researcher with several awards to his credit. He was a subject expert on the Board of Studies of several autonomous institutes in Tamil Nadu. He was Consultant to several brands including Sri Krishna Sweets, Pichavaram Mangrove Tourism and others.
- Ph.D. Consumer Behavior - Marketing Management, Anna University
- Post Doctoral Research in Management from Commonwealth Vocational University in 2018
- MBA (Marketing and Human Resource Management), Anna University
- M.A (Sociology), University of Kerala
- PG Diploma in Journalism, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
- B.Sc (Botany), University of Kerala
- FDP-IIM K
- PG Diploma in Market Research and Data Analytics from MICA Ahmedabad in 2020
Research & Teaching:
- Consumer Behavior among Kids & Teens
- Rural Buying Behavior
- Sports Marketing
- Associate Professor, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (Since January 2018)
- Associate Professor, DoMS, Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering, Kolenchery (2012-2017)
- Associate Professor, CARE School of Business, Trichy (2011-12)
- Assistant Professor VIT University (2009-2011)
- Lecturer at TKM IM (2006-2009)
- Staff Reporter – The Hindu (1997-2004)
- Hari Sundar G, Sandhya S, Study on domestic tourist satisfaction with multiple destination attributes- Strategic study with reference to Tourist destinations in Kerala, Business Sciences International Research Journal, Issue 1, 2019, p24-32, ISSN 2321-3191, UGC approved journal
- Hari Sundar G, Viji Vijayan, Study on employee engagement among I.T sector employees- strategic study with reference to Kerala, International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, Vol 7, Issue 5, May 2019, UGC approved journal No.64650
- Praveen Raj and Hari Sundar G, Study on Consumer behaviour towards purchase of eco-friendly products- strategic conceptual study based on literature, International Journal of Research in Economics and Social Sciences, Vol 8, Issue 1, January 2018
- Praveen Raj.D and Hari Sundar.G, “Impact of E- satisfaction on E WoM intention- strategic study with reference to moderating effect of desire for online social interaction”, Business Sciences International Research Journal, Vol 6 Issue 1, March 2018 UGC no. 63466
- Hari Sundar.G and Sudharani Ravindran, Strategic effect of personal values in purchase of Organic food products, Business Sciences International Journal, Issue 2 (2018), SE Impact factor 2.75
- Hari Sundar G, Praveen Raj and Viji Vijayan, Managing Reputation online- A case study of Café Coffee Day, Business Sciences International Research Journal, Vol 6, October 2018, UGC Approved double blind peer reviewed journal,
- Hari Sundar.G, Praveen Raj and Viji Vijayan, Strategic study on innovational Edupreneurship- a conceptual study on Indian context”, Edited book on Conference on Entrepreneurship edited by Sasi Misra, Sunil Sukla, Ganapati Bhattini, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, 2019, ISBN 978-93-86578-40-2, p 382-387.
- Saifudeen T, Hari Sundar G, Cause related Marketing- a literature based study, Conference proceedings on Application of Management Research in Social Sciences, Engineering and Technology, ISBN-978-93-5346-428-8
- Praveen Raj and Hari Sundar G, Strategic study on antecedents of destination loyalty- an empirical study on Kerala tourism customer loyalty with reference to destination, published in the conference proceedings of National conference in New Age Marketing NCNAM, CUSAT, March 2018.
Articles / Chapters in Edited books:
- Saifudeen T, Hari Sundar G, Consumer behaviour towards eco-friendly products- a review of recent research trends in diverse industries, , Paradigm shift in Management practices, edited by G.Ramesh, Kamjula Neelima, M. Ramesh Reddy, ISBN-978-81-939248-9-1, 2019 May
- Hari Sundar G, Saifudeen T, Viji Vijayan, Study on impact of Service quality on Customer satisfaction and Customer loyalty in HSBC Bank with reference to Thiruvananthapuram, What’s Now What’s Next Research series, IMRF Research wing, ISBN-978-93-86435-69-9, p 25-29
- Hari Sundar G, Role of children in parental adaptation of mobile technologies- study from reverse socialisation process, Advances in Business and Management-a contemporary perspective, edited by R Raman, Shailesh Rastogi, Prabhir Bandhopadyay and Poornima Tapas, Emerald Publishing, ISBN 978-1-78635-425-9
- Distinguished Faculty in Management- Marketing area- awarded by Venus International Foundation, Chennai at the 5th Annual Contemporary Academic Meet in 2019 July.
- Best Research paper award in Management category at the International conference on Business Management and Social Innovation, organised by World Research Forum of Engineers and Researchers, Chennai, 2018 June 24
- Received the IMRF Achievers award in Management category at the inaugural ceremony of the International conference on Emerging trends in E-Business E Commerce E-Government and Social Sciences organised by International Multidisciplinary Research Foundation at Chandigarh on July 20-21.
- Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam National Lifetime Achievement award for Management Teaching and Research instituted by International Institute for Social and Economic Reforms Bengaluru- presented on 2019 Jan 26.
- Distinguished Professor in Management award instituted by International Association of Research and Developed Organisation and Gurukul Institute of Engineering and Technology Kota, presented by Dr. Jatinder Singh Bal, Hon. Vice Chancellor of Sant Baba Bhag Singh University Jalandhar at Goa on April 14 2019.
- IMRF Managerial Excellence award, Management Researcher award
- Shailesh J Mehta award for Best Research Paper