Dr. Gopala Desikan’s specialist area of interest is the Nyaya Sastra in traditional system. He had perused his Ph.D. in “Tattvacintāmaṇigranthastasya kevalavyatireki prakaraṇasya vimarśaḥ”. His Post doctoral research was on “A Critical Study on the Definitions of Perceptual Error (Khyāti) confounded in various School of Indian Philosophy”. He has served as Project Fellow in UGC sponsored Special Assistance Program on “Commentaries and Sub-commentaries of Tattvacintāmaṇi of Gangeśopādhyāya”. He has interests in Nyaya, Mimamsa and Sabdabodha. He attends traditional Vakyartha Sadas around South India. At CEG, he teaches courses on Indic Philosophy – Foundational Principles, Dharma – perspectives from Ramayana, Logic and Argumentation.
- Ph.D. in Navya Nyaya
- Acharya in Nyaya
- Acharya in Mimamsa and Sastri in Nyaya – all at the Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupathi
- Assistant Professor - Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Post doctoral research on “A Critical study on definitions of Khyati confounded in Indian Philosophies” (discontinued).
- Indian Philosophy
- Indian Logic and Dharma perspectives from Ramayana
- Mimamsa and Sabdabodha.
- Vidwatpravara by Shastra Poshaka Sabha, Dakshinamnaya Shri Sharada Peetham, Sringeri
- Vidwanmani by Shrimad Adishankara Bhagavathpada Pariksha Samithi, Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham, Kanchipuram
- Best Student Award by Sriman Dr, Vangipuram Ramanujacharya Smaraka Puraskara Samithi, Hyderabad