Dr. Bindu M. P. is Assistant Professor at the School of Ethics, Governance Culture and Social System. For her Ph.D. in Education from Kannur University, her doctoral work focused on Contextual Teaching and Learning and Life Skills Education. ‘Digital India: Empowering Tribal Adolescents’ under ICSSR, was the theme for her Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
Dr. Bindu’s area of research and academic interest includes psychological and sociological perspectives of education and studies on marginalised groups. She has published two books on Science Education. She has completed a major research project for the Kerala Women’s Commission, a Government of Kerala initiative and a minor project for the Vigilance Department of Kerala Police. She has taught at the School of Pedagogical Sciences (M.Ed.), at Kannur University and guided fourteen M.Ed. dissertations. She regularly undertakes demonstration classes for B.Ed. students at various training colleges under Kannur University.
Dr. Bindu has been a resource person for secondary school teachers and at various teacher training colleges and for orientation and motivation classes for students, PTA, MPTA and various sections of the society. She has chaired sessions at various national and international seminars organised by colleges.
- M.Sc. (Zoology), Calicut University, Calicut
- B.Ed. (Natural Science), Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
- M.Ed., Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- M.A. (Sociology), IGNOU
- Ph.D. in Education, Kannur University-Kannur
- UGC-JRF (University Grant Commission)
- NET Qualified
- PDF-ICSSR (Indian Council of Social Science Research)
- SET (Zoology), Directorate of Higher Secondary Education
- CTET, Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Assistant Professor in Science Education at the School of Pedagogical Sciences (M.Ed.) Kannur University from 2015 to 2018.
- Lecturer in Natural Sciences at Government Brennen College of Teacher Education (B.Ed.), Thalassery, from 2009 June to 2010 March.
- Doctoral work focuses on Contextual Teaching and Learning and Life Skills Education
- Post-Doctoral Work on Digital India: Empowering Tribal Adolescents
- Major research project for Kerala Women Commission-Problems of ex-convicted Women
- Minor research project for the Vigilance wing of Kerala Police—Role of Social Media
- Guided M.Ed. dissertations at the School of Pedagogical Sciences, Kannur University
- State level evaluator for the district and state level School Science Exhibition in Kerala and Puducherry.
- Member of module preparation committee for Junior Public Health Nurses (JPHN) on Nutrition—School Health Programme (NRHM).
- Resource person for various level seminars and conferences
- Invited as an expert on ‘Life Skills Education: Meaning, Scope and Dimensions’ on 27th September, 2018 as part of the Workshop on Personality Development funded by the Directorate of Collegiate Education held from 2- to 28 at GBCTE, Thalassery
- Resource Person for in-service courses conducted by GBCTE for higher secondary and secondary school teachers
- Conducted demonstration classes for prospective teacher educators of various training colleges under Kannur University.
- Resource person for orientation and motivation classes for students, PTA, MPTA and various sections of society
- Best Teacher award from G.A. Educational and Charitable Trust, Registered under the Indian Trust Act 1882. (Regd.No.29/2012), Villupuram, Tamil Nadu
- Contextual Teaching and Learning: An effective Strategy for Contextualisation of Teaching and Learning; New Centaury Publications. New Delhi (2017). ISBN: 978-81-7708-454-2.
- Science Education: Techniques and Method. Lexmi Book Publications. New Delhi(2019) ISBN:978-0-359-95723-1
- Effectiveness of Discovery Learning approach on problem solving ability among primary school students. Journal of Studies in Teacher Education. Journal with ISSN 2229.502X.Vol.4, Issue 1, June 2011.
- Contextual Teaching Learning: Reflective Learning Intervention. Journal of Studies in Teacher Education. Journal with ISSN 2229.502X.Vol.4, Issue 2 Dec: 2011
- Contextual Teaching and Learning. International Educator. Reg.No.36173/83. Vol. 22, June 2010.
- Contextual Teaching and Learning (CTL): The Concepts and Strategies. Eusearch. Peer- Reviewed Research Journal of Educational Research. ISSN 0976-1160.Vol.3, Number-1, April 2012.
- Awareness of Secondary School Teachers on Inclusive Education. Research and Pedagogic Interventions. ISSN 2277-3991. Peer- Reviewed Research Journal In Education. Vol.2, Issue 2, July 2013.
- Contextual Teaching and Learning: A Key Strategy in Science Classroom. Journal of Educational and Psychological Research. Peer- Reviewed Research Journal In Education and Psychology. ISSN 2230-9586. Vol. 3, Number 2, July 2013.
- Awareness and Attitude of Secondary School Teachers on Contextual Teaching and Learning. GCTE Journal of Research and Extension in Education. ISSN 0975-5144. Vol.9 (2) July 2014.
- Life Skills of Secondary School Students in Relation to their Self-Regulation Behaviour. Eusearch. Peer- Reviewed Research Journal of Educational Research. ISSN 0976-1160.Vol.6, Number-2 October 2015.
- A Study about the Life Skills of Secondary School Teachers of Kerala. Electronic International Interdisciplinary Research Journal (EIIRJ). ISSN 2277-8721.Vol.IV, issue III, May-June 2015. Impact Factor: 0.987.
- Opinion of Higher Secondary School Students about the Existence of Inequality with Respect to Gender and Caste. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies. ISSN:2394-4404.Volume 3,Issue 8,July 2016.
- Awareness of Mothers’ on Sexuality of Intellectually Disabled Adolescents. Research Tracks. An International Indexed, Refereed and Peer reviewed Bi- Annual Journal in Education. ISSN: 2347-4637.Volume III, Issue II, July 2016. Impact factor 1.619.
- Contextual Teaching and Learning: Teaching the Way Children Learn. Research and Pedagogic Interventions. ISSN 2277-3991. Peer- Reviewed Research Journal In Education.
- Level of Understanding and Practices of Peace Education at Secondary School Level. Edusearch. Peer- Reviewed Research Journal of Educational Research. ISSN 0976-1160
- Effect of Personal Factors on Self-Regulation Behaviour of Adolescents. Academia. IASEThrissur.ISSN-2250-2696
- Effectiveness of Context Based Teaching for Enhancing Basic Science Achievement among primary school students. Samwad-e journal. International referred online Journal of Social Science and Education. ISSN 2277-7490.2017 :Vol.6 Iss
- Cultural Intelligence and Wisdom among Higher Secondary School Students of Kannur and Ernakulum Districts of Kerala. Journal of Educational and Psychological Research. Peer-reviewed Research Journal In Education and Psychology. ISSN 2230-9586
- Spiritual Intelligence and Psychological Resilience among Higher Secondary School Students. Edutracks. ISSN-0972- 9844. December 2017.Vol:17.No.4
- ‘Relationship between Life Skills and Concern on Social Issues at the present scenario among higher secondary school students’. Journal of education and development. Multi-disciplinary, peer-reviewed Journal ISSN2248-9703.Vol.7, No13, June 2017. Journal number 41042.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Communication and Reproductive Health awareness among Secondary School Female Students. Review of Research. ISSN:2249-894X.Vol.8,Issue-4,January 2019. Impact Factor 5.7631
- Effectiveness of Context based Teaching for Enhancing Achievement in Biology among Secondary School Students. Journal of Educational and Psychological Research (Vol.8,No.2) July 2018.ISNN 2230-9586
- ‘Prominence Of Information Competence And Financial Education Initiatives Among Tribal Adolescents For Digital India’ Research Directions.Vol7(1).May 2019.IF:5.11.ISSN:2321-5488
- ‘Integration of Eco-pedagogy at Secondary School Level for Enhancing Awareness on Sustainable Development’. International Journal of Academic Research. 2017, Vol.4, 94-99. ISSN: 2348-7666.
Article Published in Edited Book-6
- Environmental Education. Skill Development for Socio-economic Progress. (2014).ISBN:978-81-7708-378-1.New Century Publications. New Delhi, India.
- Relevance of Environmental Psychology for Promoting Environment Related Behaviour. Environmental Education in India: Through the Ages. New Delhi Publishers New Delhi. ISBN 978-93-85503-68-9
- Including the Excluded—Reality in Indian Context in Edited Book Education and Inclusion: A Paradox or Reality. New Delhi Publishers. (2017). ISBN:978-93-86453-02-0
- Nature deficit Disorder among (9-10 years) based on locale of the home and type of family. Environmental psychology: Perspectives on Teacher Education. ISBN 978 81 933464 0 2
- Kudumbasree Project for Women Empowerment. Edited the Book ‘Women Empowerment for Girl’s Education in the 21st Century. Volume II. New Delhi Publishers. ISBN:978-93-5503-89-4
- Financial Discipline among Women in Paniya Community of Township Colony of Kannur District-Kerala. Edited the book Empowerment of Tribal Women in South India. Vol.I, Kalpaz Publication. New Delhi. ISBN: 978-93-5324-258-9(HB).
Articles Published in Seminar Proceedings with ISSN and ISBN -3
- Level of Understanding of Higher Secondary School (+2) on Climate Change. UGC Seminar Proceedings 2017,ISBN:978-81-922109-5-7
- Stress Management Education: A Life Skills Approach for Developing Mental Competency Among Adolescents. Education—A Panacea for Human Conflict Management. UGC sponsored (SAP) International Conference. Conference Monograph. Department of Education, Annamali University, Tamil Nadu.
- Integration of Eco-pedagogy at Secondary School Level for Enhancing Awareness on Sustainable Development. International Journal of Academic Research. ISSN: 2348-7666. Vol. 4 Issue 2(1). August 2017. Impact factor.6.023
- Organised and Co-ordinated the In-service course in Natural Science for High School Teachers Conducted by Government Brennen College of Teacher Education, Thalassery from 23rd February 2010 to 4th March 2010.
- International Level—11
Workshop, Courses and Training Programmes attended
- National and International level-17
MOOC Courses Completed
Instructional Strategies Developed
- Contextual Teaching Learning Strategy Based on ‘REACT’ strategy
- Discovery Learning Strategy for Primary School Students
Valuation Camps Attended
- Attended the centralised valuation camp in respect of B.Ed. Hearing Impaired Degree Examination on 22nd and 23rd March 2016 at Calicut University.
- Attended the centralised valuation camp for M.Ed. PG exam as Internal Examiner from 2015-2018.