Trained in the guru-shishya parampara from gurus like Pt. Dr. Ram Deshpande and Smt. Padmini Dandekar, Shri Swapnil Chaphekar is a Hindustani Classical vocalist trained in the Gwalior, Jaipur and Agra Gharanas. He holds three master’s degrees with gold medals in two of them. Passionate about teaching, he is determined to help the young aspirants take on the mantle of Indian classical music. At CVV, he teaches Hindustani Classical Vocal and heads the School of Kalayoga.
Shri Chaphekar is a multifaceted personality. Besides being a passionate teacher and vocalist, he is a professional lyricist, poet and music composer too. He has written over 200 poems in Hindi, Braj and Marathi. He has participated and recited his poems in many poets’ meets all over Maharashtra as well as presented programmes on AIR and TV. He has written lyrics for TV serials and films, and also got award nominations for the lyrics in the Marathi film ‘Sur Sapata’. Under the pen name ‘Preet’, he has written and composed many bhajans, classical bandishes, semi-classical songs and also light music songs besides numerous poems. He has participated in a TV musical reality show ‘SaReGaMaPa’ as well. Some of his works on YouTube are Bhajan | Poem | Song | Lyrics .
He has presented papers in seminars and often conducts music appreciation workshops for various age groups. He has hosted many events and comperes in Hindi and Marathi. Other than musical pursuits, he also loves painting and handicraft.
- Ph.D. in Music, University of Mumbai (Pursuing)
- M. Music, University of Mumbai (Gold medallist)
- Sangeet Alankar, Gandharva Mahavidyalaya
- Sangeet Bhaskar, Prachin Kala Kendra, Chandigarh (Gold medallist)
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Assistant Professor, AGS College of Education, Boisar (2016-2017)
- Visiting Faculty, Department of Music, University of Music (2016-2017)
- Teaching: Hindustani Classical Vocal, Musicology
- Research: Music, the confluence of Gharanas, music education, and Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS)