Srinath Mohandas is an Assistant Professor at the School of Ethics Governance Culture (EGCS) and Social Systems. He is an educator specialised in Curriculum and Pedagogy, with experience in developing content, designing curriculum and teaching middle and high school levels. He has worked closely with several schools across Tamil Nadu, catering to their academic needs that include curriculum, pedagogy and teacher professional development. He has also developed Social Studies and Environmental Studies (EVS) lessons for standards 2 to 6 (CBSE and ICSE boards) while working with Chrysalis.
As a Value Educator, he conceived and conducted workshops based on the Chinmaya Vision Programme (CVP), as part of the schools’ initiative to foster cultural values. He also writes, speaks and conducts youth workshops on various themes related to the Indian Knowledge System (IKS). His expertise lies in curriculum development and school systems and processes.
His field studies during post-graduation included understanding the role of school experiences in shaping the aspiration of girls from different sections of society, the different aspects of schools that facilitate the nurturing of Ahimsa in pupils, the influence of Gandhian ideals of human and social development among the Balinese community, and the influence of school culture in shaping the idea of India in pupils.
At CVV, he teaches courses in Indic Knowledge Systems and Education. Currently, he is pursuing his Ph.D. from the School of EGCS, and his research areas include the development of a pedagogic framework for teaching Indic Knowledge Systems at the collegiate level.
Outside academics, he is keenly interested in folklore and cultural narratives which become the theme for his blogs and storytelling sessions, quite popular among children, youth and elders. He likes travelling, especially solo bike rides to distant places.
- PhD, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (Pursuing)
- UGC NET (Education)
- MA Education – Curriculum & Pedagogy, Azim Premji University, Bengaluru
- B Com – Calicut University
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Senior Associate, Learning Transformation, Chrysalis, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Associate, Research & Development, Chrysalis, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Teacher, Social Sciences, Akshara Vidyaashram, Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu
- Teacher, Value Education, Chinmaya Vidyalaya Pallavur, Palakkad, Kerala
- Research: Educational philosophies of ancient India | Value-based education system
- Development of assessment tools and model resource materials for teaching and learning and Indic Knowledge Systems at the secondary school level