Dr. Vinayak Rajat Bhat has been teaching since 2011. He earned his Ph.D. from the Rashtriya Samskrit Sansthan, Sringeri, under the guidance of Prof. Ramanuja Devanathan following the traditional style of education under his guru Dr. Chandrashekhar Bhat, Rashtriya Samskrit Sansthan, Rajiv Gandhi Campus, Sringeri. He has a master’s degree in Vyakarana and Phalita Jyotisha. Dr. Bhat has been honoured with Abhijña, Kovida and Chūdamaṇi in Vyākaraṇa.
He was appointed as Specialist Sanskrit Advisor for a project on Ayurvedic Man: Encounters with Indian medicine by Welcome Collections, London. He has written many articles in Vyakarana and Jyotisha. He can speak six languages and can read and write more than three scripts. He has assisted Vyoma Linguistic labs in their various projects and worked as a proof reader in the Research and Publication Department of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Tirupati.
At Chinmaya Viswhwavidyapeeth he takes courses in Vyakarana, Ayurveda, Arthashastra and Kamashastra.
Outside of academics, he is keen on reading books, listening to music and watching movies. He was part of the cricket team of his university which played the South Zone Inter-University Cricket Tournament. He has actively participated in Sanskrit dramas (both as an actor and director) and won several prizes. He is also extremely interested in movies and comic books. He reads novels and short stories in the detective, science fiction and adventure genres. He likes travelling and visits historical places whenever possible.
- Ph.D. (Vyakarana), Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi
- Acharya (Vyakarana), Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi
- Acharya (Jyotisha), Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati
- Abhijna (Vyakarana), Veda Shastrottejaka Sabha, Pune
- Kovida (Vyakarana), Veda Shastrottejaka Sabha, Pune
- Choodamani (Vyakarana), Veda Shastrottejaka Sabha, Pune
- Shastri (Vyakarana) Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati
- Correspondence course in Homeopathy and Biochemistry
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Teaching – 10 years
- Research – 12 years
- Research: Vyakarana | Indian health system (Ayurveda) | Arthashastra | Loukika Nyayas
- Teaching: Vyakarana | Paninian Grammar| Indic Knowledge Systems | Arthashastra | Ayurveda