Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair has a PhD and MPhil in Mathematics. He also has a BEd from the University of Kerala. His research area is graph theory and he is interested in History of Mathematics also. Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair has 29 years of teaching experience in Mathematics at UG (29 years), PG (27 years) and MPhil (one year) and five years of research experience. He retired as the Head of Department of Mathematics, from D. B. College, Sasthamcotta in 2016, and joined the Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Kochi and continued there for two years. He has attended several research seminars, conferences and workshops. He also served as a consultant in preparation of study materials for the MSc (MACS) programme of the Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi. At CVV, he is Assistant Professor of Mathematics in the School of Ethics, Governance, Culture and Social Systems.
- PhD Mathematics, (December 1994), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)
- MPhil Mathematics, (November 1990), CUSAT
- BEd Mathematics, (1985), NSS Training College, Pandalam
- MSc Mathematics, (1983), NSS College, Ottappalam
- BSc Mathematics, (1981), Kumbalathu Sankuppillai Memorial D.B. College
- Qualified for UGC-JRF (Mathematics) in December 1988
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)Teaching Experience: 29 years of teaching experience. as 1] Junior Lecturer, D. B. College, Sasthamcotta, Kollam district, against a temporary vacancy from 16 August 1985 to November 1987 2] Junior Lecturer, D. B. Pampa College, Parumala, Mannar, Pathanamthitta district, against a temporary vacancy from November 1987 to March 1988 3] Junior Lecturer, D. B. College, Thalayolaparambu, Kottayam district, against a temporary vacancy from June 1988 to March 1989 4] Lecturer, D. B. Pampa College, Parumala, Mannar, Pathanamthitta district, in a substantive vacancy from August 1992 to June 1993 5] Lecturer/lecturer (senior scale) @ D. B. College, Thalayolaparambu, Kottayam district from June 1993 to July 2000 6] Lecturer (senior scale/selection grade) and Associate Professor, D. B. College, Sasthamcotta, Kollam district from July 2000 till retirement on 31 May 2916 7] Professor, Amrita School of Arts and Sciences, Brahmasthanam, Edappally, Kochi from July 2016 to June 2018.
Research ExperienceMPhil: Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) as UGC-JRF from November 1989 to October 1990. PhD (full-time): @ Department of Mathematics, CUSAT as UGC-JRF from November 1990 to July 1992. (discontinued UGC fellowship to join in regular job) PhD (part-time): @ Department of Mathematics, CUSAT as UGC-JRF from August 1992 to October 1994.
- Guided two of my colleagues for preparation of dissertation as part of their part-time M.Phil. programe at erstwhile School of Applicable Mathematics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Ettumanoor, Kottayam
- Was a recognised research guide of the University of Kerala. Two students registered, but they discontinued
- Was a recognised research guide of Amrita University one student registered, still continuing with another guide
- Guided projects as part of UG, PG and MPhil programmes during 2000-2018
- Research: Graph Theory | Interdisciplinary studies Involving Mathematics |
- Teaching: Mathematics at UG level |Algebra, Topology, Real/Complex Analysis, Measure Theory and Integration, Differential equations, Numerical Analysis at PG level | Document Preparation using LaTeX | Fundamentals of Python Programming
- Consultancy in preparation of study materials for MSc(MACS) programme of IGNOU, India
Publications & Research
Workshops and Trainings
Certifications and Membership
Awards and Achievements