Dr. Prabhavathy comes from a family of artistic lineage and started training in the Carnatic Vocal tradition at a young age. She is a disciple of Guru Smt. Suguna Varadachari, Shri T. M. Krishna, and Dr Baby Sreeram from Chennai. Even while pursuing academics in music, she started establishing herself as a prolific performer at various venues across the country and abroad. Dr. Prabhavathy is active in the domain of concerts and mentorship. She is empanelled as a PhD Supervisor. She also continues to perform and conduct workshops and lectures on music.
- PhD in Music from Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady (2010) – Topic: RAGA SAVERI-A STUDY
- M.Phil with First rank from Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady (2006)
- M A (Indian Music) from University of Madras (2003)
- Passed UGC NET (2005)
- Third rank for Teachers’ Training course in Carnatic Music, Govt of Tamilnadu conducted by The Madras Music Academy.
- B.Com from Christ College, Irinjalakuda affiliated to Calicut University
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
Teaching | Vocal Training | Mentoring – for Carnatic vocalists
- Unnayi Warrier Smaraka Kalanilayam (2004-2008)
- Kerala Kalamandalam Deemed University (2008-2009)