Dr. Kavita R. Shanmughan is an Assistant Professor in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Heritage. She is an Organisational Psychologist with sixteen years of experience in academics and organisational settings wherein she has contributed immensely in framing, assessing and developing individual competencies thus enabling individuals for career and functional development. While working with a consulting organisation, she has contributed her services to Indian and international clients from over 70 organisations spread across fifteen different sectors. She mainly served manufacturing organisations such as Greenfield, Brownfield and Blackfield and facilitated in implementing systems and processes related to OD interventions in India and Overseas.
As an educator of UG and PG students, she supports bridging the gap between theory and practice through experiential learning. She helps students to prepare for a successful organisational/working experience and helps them set realistic career goals. She is acknowledged by the client stating she bridges the gap between the industry and academics which adds on value to the students in their professional development while working on client projects.
- Ph.D. in Psychology, University of Kerala, Kariyavattom
- M.A. Applied Psychology
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Lecturer for an MBA programme at Asan Memorial Institute of Management
- Team Leader, Centre for Excellence in Organisations
- Associate Dean, Gemba School of HR and Gemba Management Consulting
- Manager—Assessment Practice, Randstad India
- Principal Consultant – Operations and Business Development, Career Tree HR Solutions