Dr. Archana Chandran has been a guest and contract lecturer in various aided and government colleges and research departments. She has a PhD in Psychology in “Family Functioning as a Mediator in the Relationship Between Emotional Intelligence and Coping Styles Among Young Adults”. At CVV, she is an Assistant Professor in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Heritage.
- PhD in Psychology (2019)
- UGC, NET, 2008
- PG Diploma in Counselling Psychology, School of Behavioural Sciences, 2007
- MA Applied Psychology, University of Kerala, 2006
- BA Psychology, 2nd Position, University of Kerala, 2004
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Assistance, Medical College, Trivandrum, 2001
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Working as Academic Counselor (Teaching position) in IGNOU, Trivandrum centre
- Worked as Assistant Professor (Contract basis), Department of Psychology, Karyavattom campus, University of Kerala, Trivandrum
- Worked as Programme Assistant at Kerala Legislature Secretariate (NIYAMASABHA), Trivandrum
- Worked as Assistant Professor (Guest) and Substitute Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology, Government College for Women, Trivandrum.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, Mahatma Gandhi College, Trivandrum.
- Teaching: Research Methodology, General Psychology, Social Psychology
Certifications and Membership
- Executive Member of PPK (Professional Psychologist of Kerala)
- Member of Indian Anti-Corruption Mission
Awards and Achievements
- Second rank at BA Psychology, Kerala University (2004)
- First rank at MA Applied Psychology (2006)
- Best outgoing student of the Department of Psychology, Mahatma Gandhi College, Trivandrum
- Treasurer of ORMA, Alumni Association of Psychology department, University of Kerala.
- Involved in NAAC activities
Guest Lectures, Papers Presentations & Conference Attendance