Abha Mohan is an ardent teacher, who is currently teaching courses on Direct and Indirect Taxes, Indian Financial System and Corporate Accounting. She was a fifth rank holder at the MCom examination of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, in 2010. She is well-recognised and appreciated at national seminars and international conferences for her research paper presentations. She is also keen in inculcating research interest in her students. She is presently pursuing a PhD in Finance from the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala. Her research in International Finance revolves around the topic ‘Stock Markets and Macroeconomic Variables’.
Since 2011, she has served as Commerce Faculty in colleges affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University. She has handled numerous courses for Bachelor and Masters programmes of Commerce and her key focus is on areas like Capital Market, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Direct Taxes.
Apart from being a full-time academician, she is passionate about Indian classical art forms, particularly ‘Mohiniyattam’ of which she is a trained performer and has participated in the prestigious National and International Dance Festivals of India held in Delhi, Orissa, Chennai, Mumbai and Kerala. Her passion towards ‘Mohiniyattam’ got moulded under the strong shikshan of the renowned Mohiniyattam exponent Dr. Neena Prasad. She supports and guides her students who wish to pursue their passion along with academics. And that is exactly what Abha does, doing justice to both teaching and dance.
- PhD in Finance, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala (pursuing)
- MCom (Finance), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
- BCom (Computer Application), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
Professional Experience (Research/Teaching)
- Commerce faculty in the colleges affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, since 2011
- Assistant Professor in Commerce, Saint Gits College of Applied Sciences, Kottayam (June 2012 to June 2017).
- Research: International Finance | Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Market | Financial Crisis | Foreign Exchange
- Teaching: Indian Financial System | Direct and Indirect Taxes | Quantitative Techniques |Corporate Accounting|Tally ERP|Kautilya and Public Finance Administration