Lit Magic is an inter-college literary event organised by the School of Linguistics and Literary Studies at Chinmaya Vishwa Vidyapeeth (CVV) and coordinated by the BA BEd English Literature students. The objective is to celebrate the relevance and beauty of literature through various activities and games. There are six events, four for college students and two for school students. One event is an online submission while the rest are live events at the Chinmaya Eswar Gurukula campus, Veliyanad.
Mr. Justin Mathew, Scriptwriter (Minnal Murali fame) and Creative Director will inaugurate the third edition of Lit Magic.
Lit Magic 0.3 is celebrating the theme ‘The Hero with a Thousand Faces’ inspired by Joseph Campbell’s book with the same title. The book looks at the pattern of the journey that the heroes share across different times, cultures and locations. Whether it is Lord Rama from Bharata or Odysseus from Greece or Harry Potter or Katniss Everdeen, all the heroes share the same journey which Campbell terms ‘the hero’s arc’.
Come, join us to celebrate this journey of the superheroes!
Theme: Super Hero literature
Date: 03 December 2022
Venue: CEG Campus, Veliyanadu, Ernakulam
School Level: Higher Secondary (+1 and +2)
- Quizbee (1 team; 2 players)
- Tell-a-Tale (2 participants from one school)
University Level: UG and PG
- Avatar (mask designing)
- Quizbee (1 team, 2 players)
- Super Suit (Fashion show) (Desi superheroes)
Open for All [Online]
- Turn of the Cover: Film Poster Design
Cash Prize (in Rupees)
2000 + 1500 (1st and 2nd prize)
Separate for College and School level
8000 + 4000 (1st and 2nd prize)
1500 + 500
2000 + 1000
Film Cover design (Complimentary prizes)
- Registration Fee: ₹300 per team
- 2 participants in each team
- 3 rounds (4 teams in the final round)
School: +1 and +2 Students
College: UG and PG
- References: Movies, TV Shows, Web Series and Comics
AVATAR — MASK DESIGNING
- Registration Fee: ₹150 per person
- Individual Participation
- Eligibility: UG and PG students
- Blank white masks will be provided and participants have to modify the mask according to their creativity.
- Participants have to bring their own materials for designing the mask.
- Time Limit: One hour
Tell a Tale
Registration Fee: ₹150 (Individual activity)
Time limit: Minimum 3 minutes and maximum 5 minutes
- Voice modulation and clarity
- Props or costumes
- Good Poise and stage presence with facial expressions
Eligibility: +1 and +2 students
Registration Fee: ₹500 per team
Theme: Create your own Indian Super Hero
No. of people on one ramp: Minimum 5 and maximum 7
Total no. of rounds: 3
- 1st round – Individual ramp walk
- 2nd round – Walk in pairs
- 3rd round – Group ramp walk
In the first round the candidates have to describe what they have created or justify the theme.
Approximate time for each candidate: 15 minutes
1st round – 5 mins. | 2nd round – 5 minutes | 3rd round – 5 minutes
There shouldn’t be any copying of existing superhero costumes.
Teams have to select their own music track.
Note: Obscenity of any kind will result in disqualification.
Turn of the Cover – Film Cover design
- Registration Fee: ₹50
- Individual activity
- Open for both school and college students
- Online submission only
- Submit your entries to email@example.com
- Select a superhero movie (any language)
- Design a film cover for that based on your creativity
- Submit the pdf/jpeg file to the above-mentioned email id.
The winners will be selected based on the uniqueness and creativity of the design.
To register for any of the above events, please click on the following link:-https://bit.ly/LitMagic2022
Payment Details for registration
Name of the Beneficiary: Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth CU A/c CEG
Name of the Bank : HDFC Bank
Account No: 50200027727252
Name of the Branch: Peppathy Junction, Veliyanad
IFSC Code: HDFC0001519
SWIFT Code: HDFCINBBXXX