Monsoon Arts Intensive 2020
A 14-day Residential Training Programme in Hindustani Vocal, Bansuri and Tabla at the Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula (CNBG) campus, Kolwan, Pune.
The CNBG campus is located at the foothills of the stately Sahyadri mountain range, in the quiet village of Kolwan, within the campus of Chinmaya Vibhooti, the vision centre of the Chinmaya Mission. CNBG provides a residential Gurukula lifestyle rooted in India’s cultural and spiritual heritage.
Course facilitated by experienced musicians/faculty from CNBG.
- Understanding Two Ragas (Raga selection based on level of students)
- Compositions in Different Talas
- Raga Elaboration Tips
- Alankar Practice
- Light Music
- Developing Singing Finesse
- Omkar Meditation
· Practice of Paltas
· Bansuri Techniques
· Gamak and Meend
· Composition in a Raga
· Taans and Tihayees
· Tuning Tanpura
· Singing and Rhythm
· Music Meditation
- Getting the Basics Right
- Rhythm Masti
- Fun with Carnatic Rhythm Patterns
- Improvising Tabla Compositions
Common Sessions for all streams
- Daily Prayers and Campus Temple Visits
- Yoga and Meditation
- Education Tour
- Lec-dem by Visiting Faculty
- Bhajan Satsang
- Silent Walks
Eligibility: Based on auditions. See selection procedure details.
- Record a short video clip (2-3 minutes, maximum) of your singing/bansuri/tabla recital (audio files will not be accepted)
- Write an email, in about 150 words, to email@example.com mentioning your intent to join the workshop and attach the video clip along with it for review.
- After review, you will receive a Google form to fill in.
- Once you submit the form, you will be formally enrolled for the intensive, pending payment of fees based, on our confirmation
Old Intensive Students
- Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning your intent to join the workshop with details of previous CNBG intensive(s) attended by you.
- You will receive a Google form to fill in required details.
- Once you submit the form, you will be formally enrolled for the intensive, pending payment of fees, based on our confirmation,
Course Fee (per person incl. of accommodation and meals)
Residents of India & SAARC countries: ₹ 21,500
Residents of other countries: US$ 600
- Accommodation on multiple-sharing basis.
- Separate rates for triple, twin-sharing and single rooms.
In case of cancellation by the participant, a fee of 18% will be deducted and the balance amount refunded within three weeks after the intensive.
Transport can be arranged from Pune airport/railway station on request. Uber intercity facility can also be used by students to travel from Pune airport/railway station to Chinmaya Vibhooti.
Date of arrival at CNBG campus: Thursday, 6th Aug 2020 evening (by 7.00pm)
Date of departure – Thursday, 20th Aug 2020 after lunch
Venue Address: Chinmaya Naada Bindu Gurukula Campus, Kolwan, Taluka: Mulashi, Dist: Pune, Maharashtra, India, 412108
Stay, Learn and Practice in the serene gurukula environment of Chinmaya Vibhooti
Contact for registrations
email@example.com | +91 77208 29000 | 77208 39000