Bachelors or Master degree in Finance. Professionally qualified as a CFA/CPA is preferred.
Should be familiar with audits, invoices, budget preparations, managing end to end accounting activities. Should also have excellent organisational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
Ref No. 06-02-2019
The Finance Officer will take charge of the financial health of our organisation by administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements. The Ideal candidate should be familiar with audits, invoices, budget preparations, managing end to end accounting activities. You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. Ultimately, the position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Professionally qualified as a CFA/CPA is preferred
- Bachelors or Master degree in Finance
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Updated knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Ability to align with the culture of the university
- Excellent in stakeholder management
- Switch balance between the stake holders, management and the staff
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to top management while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the organisation should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, ROI and the organisational actual performance compared to the future plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the organisations finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of organisations finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing the organisational plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Ensure that all records of daily transactions are accurate.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a detailed resume.