Refund Policy on Withdrawal of Admission
Caution Deposit and Semester 1 Fee
Every candidate selected for admission at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth will be required to deposit an amount of INR 10,000 towards caution deposit and the first semester programme fees in order to confirm his/her offer of admission by the acceptance deadline as specified in the offer letter.
Important dates to note
The commencement date of the academic session is 16th July 2019.
Refund Details on Withdrawal of Admission as per UGC Guidelines
- If a student withdraws his/her admission by July 15, 2019, the student will receive a refund of 90% of the first semester fee (10% of semester fees deducted towards processing fee) and the Caution Deposit of INR 10,000.
- If a student withdraws his/her admission from July 16 to July 30, 2019, the student will receive a refund of 80% of the first semester fee and the Caution Deposit of INR 10,000.
- If a student withdraws his/her admission from July 31 to August 15, 2019, the student will receive a refund of 50% of the first semester fee and the Caution Deposit of INR 10,000.
- If a student withdraws his/her admission after August 15, 2019, there will be no refund of the fees remitted. However, the Caution Deposit of INR 10,000 will be refunded.
- In cases where the student has not paid the first semester fees, an admission processing charge of 10%/ 20%/ 50% of the programme semester fees is chargeable on withdrawal from the course based on the time of withdrawal.
- The refund amount may be different for students who have been granted financial aid depending on the amount of aid received.
- All refunds will happen within 2 to 4 weeks from the date of request for withdrawal of admission.
- The refund of fees is based on University Grants Commission Notification on “Remittance and Refund of Fees and other Student Centric Issues”, which was approved by commission in its 519th meeting held on November 15, 2016.
Procedure for refund
- A student desiring to withdraw the admission shall submit a request in the format given in Annexure – I.
- The candidate should enclose the original fee receipt along with the application.
- For official purposes, the date of submitting the request will be taken as follows:
- If the request is submitted as hard copy, the date will be considered as receipt of the request at the Registrar’s Office.
- If the request is sent as email, the date of email will be considered as the date of request.
- Any incomplete form may be returned to the student for resubmitting the request.
- The concerned authority shall forward the request to the Accounts Department for further processing.
- The refund amount, as applicable, will be credited in the bank account specified in the request form.
Click Here To Download Refund Request Form