Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth hosted a 3-day International Conference on "New Frontiers in Sanskrit and Indic Knowledge: Sastra and Discipline – Towards a meaningful dialogue" from December 17-19, 2018 at its Chinmaya Eswar Gurukula, Kochi Campus. This conference was designed to help formulate a new agenda for researchers in the field of Sanskrit and Ancient Indian Studies by addressing issues related to a few key themes, to provide a platform for the academic community, researchers, and thought leaders to share new knowledge and best practices. After the conference, we are condent that the Sanskrit and Indic Studies community will stand to benet from these mutual interactions, which appear to be lacking at the moment, given the globally emerging political trend that devalues the humanities in general, and in particular our eld. The conference has provided ample networking opportunities for those engaged in teaching and research in Sanskrit, Indic Knowledge and its Applications.
The conference was inaugurated by the Vice Chancellor of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Prof P.N.Shastry in the presence of dignitaries like Swami Advayananda, Prof Dharmarajan Adat, Prof Gauri Mahulikar, Prof Rajaram Shukla, Dr. Apparao Mukkamala. The event had two-panel discussions and 4 special talks by eminent experts. The invited scholare were:
- Prof. Rajaram Shukla, Vice Chancellor, Sampoornand Sanskrit University, Varanasi
- Prof. Shrinivasa Varakhedi, Vice Chancellor, Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Maharashtra
- Prof. B Mahadevan, Professor, Productions and Operational Management, IIM Banglore
- Prof. Madhusudan Penna, Professor & Dean, Faculty of Bharatiya Dharma, Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Maharashtra
- Prof. C Rajendran, Calicut University, Kerala
- Prof. Raghurama Raju, Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati
- Dr. Kamini Gogri, Ignited Mind Foundation, Mumbai
- Prof. Amba Kulkarni, University of Hyderabad, Telangana
- Prof. Arknath Chaudhary, Former Vice Chancellor, Shree Somnath Sanskrit University, Gujarat
- Prof. Subrahmanyam Korada, University of Hyderabad, Telangana
- Prof B.V. Venkataramna, Dean of Shastra studies, KSU, Bengaluru
- Prof. Venugopalan Sankaran, SCSVMV University. Kancheepuram
- Prof. Sundareswaran N.K., Calicut University, Kerala
In the valedictory function, Prof. Gangadharan Nair was invited as a chief guest and CVV felicitated him for the receipt of the President's award for his achievements in the field of Sanskrit. NFSI-2018 conference was successfully completed with this.