Candidates desirous of applying to Chinmaya Vishwavidhyapeeth’s academic programmes must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
Under Graduate and Integrated Masters Programmes:
Minimum 65%. 60% for BA (Applied Psychology), B.A.Ed & B.Sc.Ed
Boards of Study:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or State Boards, CBSE, ICSE and NIOS of India.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) students – the “Diploma”. (IB certificate students are not eligible for admission.)
- Cambridge University students (GCE/IGCSE/GCSE examinations of the approved British Examination Bodies) – the ‘A’ Level certificate with five subjects in A, B, C Grades including English at Ordinary (‘O’) Level and two out of three subjects at Advanced Level.
Candidates currently in their 12th grade or equivalent school levels can also apply provided their final examinations are being held before 10th July, 2019. Such candidates may submit their 12th grade passing certificate/mark sheet before 15th August, 2019. Their admission shall be strictly provisional, subject to the submission of the qualifying certificates by the prescribed last date.
- BA (Sanskrit) – Students must have studied English as one of the subjects & Knowledge of Devanagari is preferable.
- BCom, BBA, BA Applied Psychology – Students must have studied English as one of the subjects.
- Integrated Masters (Sanskrit) – Vyakarana or Advaita Vedanta – Knowledge of Devanagari is compulsory.
Post Graduate Programmes:
- MA (Sanskrit)
• Bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit or in any discipline associated with Sanskrit is preferred.
• Candidates may also apply if they have a working knowledge of spoken and written Sanskrit if they are graduates of other UG programmes.
• Sanskrit enthusiasts with a zeal to study PG in Sanskrit are welcome irrespective of their UG background.
All the applicants are expected to have an UG degree certificate recognised by UGC with a minimum of 50% marks. The department will conduct an entrance examination to determine the admission eligibility of candidates for the programme.
- MA (PPG) - Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The department may conduct tests/ interviews to determine the personal suitability of candidates for the programme.
- MCom - BCom programme or any other programme equivalent to BCom, from any Institute/University, recognised by UGC with a minimum of 50% marks.
- LL.M (International Trade & Commercial laws) - Candidates should either have scored a minimum of 50% in their LL.B. or have attained equivalent grade points. Tests/interviews may be conducted for selection of the programme.
- LL.M (Legal Theory) - Candidates should either have scored a minimum of 50% in their LL. B or should have attained equivalent grade points. Tests/ interviews may be conducted for election to the programme.
- MSc (Applied Psychology) – A minimum of 55% of marks or its equivalent CGPA in B.A. / B.Sc. Psychology or allied subjects. Candidates from non-psychology background are required to appear for an entrance examination.
- PG Diploma: Bachelors in any stream with 65%
Instructions for filling the application form.
- There is an online application form for application to the programmes at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV).
- You need to create an applicant profile to apply to the programmes at Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth. If you are visiting the application section for the first time, kindly register by providing the required details in the “Register Now” section.
- If you have already received the login and password details by email or have created an applicant profile; then log in through the “Login” section to access your profile.
- Select the programme(s) that you are planning to apply for. The programme name in the application form indicates the major stream that the applicant desires to pursue.
- You may apply for four programmes in a particular category by listing them as preferences and you would be offered admission to one of them depending upon the suitability of your profile.
- Please keep your Passport size photograph in (File format: png gif jpg jpeg) ready before filling the form. Photo size: Less than 1MB. Dimensions: 400×400 and 2048×2048 pixels.
- Applicants are required to provide information such as qualifying level scores, personal contact details, educational qualifications, achievements and other details.
- Please keep scanned copies of your relevant marksheets (10th, 11th, 12th standard, graduation etc) ready before filling the form. (File format: pdf png gif jpg jpeg.) The following documents will be required:
- 10th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be.
- 12th standard (or equivalent) mark sheet or certificate, as the case may be. (Applicants awaiting their results of 12th standard may furnish these on or before August 15th 2019)
- Other certificates, transcripts, and testimonials. (These documents may have relevance in assessing the candidature)
- This form is an integral part of the admission process. Please provide correct information. Admission granted on the basis of incorrect information can be cancelled by CVV at any point of time.
- Please note that incomplete forms will not be considered during the application evaluation process.
- Payment of the application fee of Rs.500/- is mandatory for completion of application form. (Not applicable for applicants to the Integrated Masters programs.) Payment can be made through Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Net Banking and Demand Draft. This fee is non-refundable.
- Any change in your address/e-mail/contact number should be intimated to us immediately on email@example.com, quoting your application number.
- In all matters regarding admission to the programme, the decision of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth will be final and binding on the applicant. No correspondence from the applicant with respect to his/her non-selection will be entertained.
Declaration of result
CVV shall evaluate the candidature of every applicant based on the relevant selection criteria after receipt of a completed application form alongwith the required documents within the application deadlines. Other stages of evaluation tests or interviews may be applicable as per CVV’s discretion. The admission results will be announced as per the admission schedule. If you are selected, you will receive a copy of your offer letter by email as well.
Once applicants have gone through the interview round they can expect to receive one of following communications:
- Firm offer of admission
- Conditional offer of admission
- Denial of admission
Acceptance of the offer
Selected candidates need to accept their admissions offer within the validity period. The additional requisite documentation/information to be submitted with the Acceptance will be detailed in the offer letter. To confirm acceptance, the candidate will need to:
- Submit the letter of acceptance.
- Pay the admission commitment fees as mentioned in the offer letter.
CVV will communicate all the necessary information about the date of joining such as reporting date and time, academic calendar, housing details, documents to be submitted during enrolment, items to bring to campus, and induction schedule before the commencement of academic programme. Please check your registered email regularly.
Check-in and Registration
Our admissions decisions are based on the following policies:
- The admissions process is entirely merit-based after compliance with regulations pertaining to reservations, as prescribed by the UGC.
- No other formal or informal recommendations from or through any individuals or entities will be entertained or considered.
- CVV does not have a deferral policy. The admission offer is only valid for the program starting in July, 2019.
- CVV does not accept credit transfer from other universities. Mid – year applicants from other universities will have to start as a first-year student.
- CVV’s admission panel will conduct additional tests/personal interviews as required.
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be considered for selection.
Misrepresentation of information
CVV will verify all original certificates or mark sheets supporting the application at the time of enrolment. CVV will not tolerate any instance of falsification of information submitted by candidates. The admission shall immediately stand cancelled and fees forfeited, in case it is discovered at any stage that any of the information submitted was false.
All information submitted by the applicants is kept confidential, except as desired by the law.
Admission to CVV is merit-based. However financial aid is need-based. An applicant’s need for financial aid will not affect their selection to the program. Need-based financial aid will be assessed by CVV management for such number of students and up to such extent of aid as is permissible from the endowments created by the Vishwavidyapeeth. All financial aid is at the absolute discretion of the CVV management.
All Accepted students start their journey at the University with the registration process that confirms formal enrolment into the University.
- To familiarize about the University’s genesis, history, functioning, campus culture, norms and standards
- To introduce broad curricular and co-curricular programs available to them and feel excited about their academic life
- To provide information on campus resources and support services that are vital to successful transition and academic success
- To provide opportunity for new students to have fun, interact with their peers, and showcase creative skills
- To create an environment that builds a sense of community among the incoming class and connects them to faculty, staff and other students
- The registration process for all candidates is planned on 15th July 2019. Residential candidates are informed to reach the university campus by 12 PM on 15th July 2019
- The Inaugural function of the orientation/bridge program is planned on 16th July. Parents and family members are also invited for Inaugural function on 16th July.
Note: A checklist is attached to help you know what to bring and expect at the campus.
During Registration, the following activities are completed:
- Original certificates pertaining to the previous educational qualifications are verified.
- Registration forms and student declarations are collected and verified.
- Admission offer letter in original and fee receipt is provided to the student.
Essential documents/things for the registration:
- Original academic certificates along with at least one photocopy of each document. This should include the Transfer Certificate issued by your previous institution
- ID proof (Aadhar compulsory)
- Print out of admission offer letter.
- 6 passport size photos.
Incoming students will go through an intense two-week orientation that will attempt to assimilate students into our unique learning approach. The orientation program would be a combination of academic discussions and fun activities with the following objectives.
A glimpse of what you can expect:
- Interesting academic sessions that include Functional English, Conversational Sanskrit, Computer Literacy
- Informative sessions on policies and guidelines of the university
- Campus Tour
- Visit to a place of interest (if weather permits)
Action required before the registration date:
- Please refer to the prospectus to access academic calendar, semester plans and others.
- Review the Anti-Ragging Guidelines set by UGC. The student and the parents both will need to sign an undertaking as part of the registration process.
- Fill the medical check list attached and get it signed by a medical practitioner
- Please find the schedule of the registration and the bridge program as a link below
- Please fill the google form provided to inform us of your arrival plans
Links to Resources:
How to get there?
Here’s some information about how to reach Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth Campus. You could choose to travel to Ernakulam (also known as Cochin) either by air or rail.
The closest railway station to the campus is Piravom Road Railway Station. However, only a few trains stop at this station. Eg; Kanyakumari Express (if you are travelling from Bangalore). If your train does not have a scheduled stop at Piravom Road, please book your tickets to either Ernakulam Town/North Railway Station or Ernakulam Junction/South Railway Station Once in Ernakulam, you can choose to reach the campus by taking a bus to Peppathy. From there, you could take an autorickshaw to reach the campus. The other option is to take a cab from the station.
The closest airport to the campus is the Cochin International Airport Please pre-book your cabs from the Airport to CVV Campus For bookings and other travel related help, please contact our authorized travel agent on 9633710683 (NOTE: Please make all payments directly to the travel agent, for all bookings made through the travel agent)
Refund Policy on Withdrawal of Admission
Candidates who have accepted the offer and paid the caution deposit and the program fee shall do the following:
a) Complete the Refund Request Form to withdraw their admission.
b) Request for refund of fees within the dates specified in the refund policy.
Note: If a student withdraws his/her admission after the specified date, (August 15, 2019), there will be no refund of the program fees remitted. However, the Caution Deposit of INR 25,000 will be refunded. For further details, please review the Refund Policy on the website.
For UGC’s recommendation on fee refund, Click Here.
||Dec 24, 2018
||Jul 15, 2019
||Mar 28, 2019
||Mar 16, 2019
||Jul 15, 2019
||May 15, 2019
- Undergraduate Programs include: BCom; BBA; BA (Sanskrit); BA (Applied Psychology); B.Se -B.Ed; BA - B.Ed
- Post-graduate Program includes: MA (Sanskrit); Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
- Integrated Masters: Acharya – Sanskrit-Vyakarana; Acharya – Advaita Vedanta
||Annual Fee INR
||Annual Fee $
|Indian Domicile Students
|BA (Applied Psychology)
|PG Diploma in Counselling
|B.Sc - B.Ed.
|BA - B.Ed.
*A one-time refundable caution deposit of INR Rs. 10,000/- has to be paid on time of admission.
Fee payment schedule
- Commitment fee: 50% of the annual fees plus caution money deposit is required to be made at the stage of accepting the admission.
- Final instalment for the year: Balance 50% of the annual fees is payable one month prior to commencement of the second semester.
Fee payment guidelines
CVV will accept payment of fee by:
- Net Banking (NEFT)
- Demand Draft in favour of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, payable at Ernakulam. Candidates selecting to pay through Demand Draft must share the DD details (such as the DD number, Bank, and Date of Issue) with the admissions office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.