UGC-NET and/ or PhD is mandatory
Eminent person in the rank of Professor with a track record of research and teaching in Advaita Vedanta and its applications in the contemporary stream.
Adi Sankara Chair for Advaita Vedanta
Ref No. 01-01/2019
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth (CVV) is a de novo university established under section 3 of UGC act 1956 established mainly to impart Indian Knowledge Systems (IKS) along with Contemporary Knowledge Systems (CKS). The University aims to integrate the best practices of modern pedagogical advances with the beauty of traditional model of learning and prepare students to address contemporary challenges, inspiring them to leave a positive impact on the world as confident and cultured contributors to society.
CVV proudly announces the first Endowed Chair: Adi Sankara Chair for Advaita Vedanta and invites applications from eminent persons in the rank of Professor with a track record of research and teaching in Advaita Vedanta and its applications in the contemporary stream.
Objectives of the Chair:
- Research projects.
- Publications in reputed national and international journals, articles in the popular press and social media
- New course outlines and teaching material including textbooks for education and manpower training in the area of Advaita Vedanta and its applications today.
- Develop in house journals.
- Training programmes, winter or summer schools, and faculty training programmes in the area of Advaita Vedanta and its applications.
- Academic and Activity planning & execution of the above as per the plans are drawn
Responsibilities of Chair Professor would be:
- Teaching Advaita Vedanta to Integrated Masters (Gurukula) and other Sanskrit programmes.
- Research in Advaita Vedanta.
- Organizing Seminars/ Conferences/ Research Scholars’ meet.
- Publications; Book/ Monographs/ Papers in the domain area of Advaita Vedanta.
- Mentoring the faculty and strengthening the school.
- MoU-s with other Institutes/ Universities.
Qualification: UGC-NET and/ or Ph. D is mandatory
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Pay scale: Pay and allowances will be on par with UGC prescribed scales.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with a detailed work plan for these responsibilities: Apply Now