Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, a UGC approved, Deemed-To-Be-University is a manifestation of the vision of Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda. In 1990, Pujya Gurudev had envisioned a University that would be a unique blend of the past and present, science and spirituality, and technology and tradition. With formal approval by the UGC in January 2017, the University is in the 2nd academic year with 127 students from India and abroad in the undergraduate and master’s degree programmes. These students will gear up as leaders of transformation of higher education in India.
The University is spread over a sprawling 10-acre campus at Chinmaya International Foundation (CIF), Ernakulam. We are in the process of acquiring 40-acres of land. The new campus will enable the University to develop suitable infrastructure for:
- Academic blocks for different schools and programmes of study
- State-of-the-art Library to support study and research
- Labs for Psychology, Technology, Languages and other disciplines
- Hostels for students and residences for faculty and senior functionaries, dining facilities
- Auditorium, Seminar Halls, Research Centre
- Yoga, Fitness and Sports centres as well as Recreation facilities
Over 3 phases, we are looking to build 2,50,000 square feet in this new campus that will support the needs of the University for 20 years and beyond.
Support and Partner
Join us in this noble endeavor of transforming higher education by offering Nirmiti-Dāna to support construction of the new world-class campus. Your donation of ₹1 lakh or US$1700 will help build approximately 50 sq.ft of the new campus as currently projected. Please feel free to offer your donations in multiples of ₹1 lakh or US$1700 as well.
- Donations in Indian Rupees can be directly sent to the university’s office:
Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Adi Sankara Nilayam, Adi Shankara Marg, Veliyanad, Kochi, Kerala 682313
P: +91-75588-97888 (Office)
- Cheque/Demand Draft to be made in favour of Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth.
- Direct bank transfers can also be made to the following account:
CHINMAYA VISHWAVIDYAPEETH STATE BANK of INDIA
PIRAVOM BRANCH BANK
A/C NUMBER: 67337413952
IFS CODE: SBIN0070160
- Please make cheques payable to Chinmaya Mission West Mail to: Chinmaya Mission West, 1765, Channing Avenue, Palo Alto CA 94303, USA. P: +91-75588-97888 E: firstname.lastname@example.org E: email@example.com
For UK and Europe
- Please make cheques payable to Chinmaya Mission UK Mail to: Chinmaya Kirti, 2 Egerton Gardens, Hendon, London, NW4 4BA, UK. P: +91-75588-97888 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For contributions on monthly or regular intervals, please contact: email@example.com.
Please send a note mentioning For Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth – Nirmiti-Dāna, alongwith the cheque.
- Donations in India are eligible for exemption under Section 80 G of the Income Tax Act.
- Donations within USA are eligible for federal income tax exemption under Section 501 (c)(3).